1,988 results
All reviews octagon bar temple bar cleaver east restaurant river view the penthouse upgraded to a suite mini bar lovely hotel street noise dublin castle the location is perfect trinity college grafton street bono liffey ireland pubs
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Needed a hotel for a one night stay at short notice and found The Clarence by searching online.Hotel is in a very central location in Dublin , and parking(paid) is available nearby.Reception staff were very welcoming and the room was pleasant and clean.The restaurant was busy most of the day(Sunday) and generally there was a good feel about the hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at The Clarence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

We're happy to read you enjoyed your recent short stay at The Clarence. We hope that if you are in need at short notice or even with longer term plans in the future you'll consider returning to us.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

We booked this last minute on a weekend during the Six Nations rugby championship, so the hotel pickings in Dublin were slim and the Airbnb offerings were incredibly expensive. So we would have been happy with "clean" and "adequate," especially since the rate was quite reasonable when compared with everything else in central Dublin that weekend. We were thus nicely surprised how lovely this boutique hotel is. The lobby and the rooms have a wonderful feel to them. Although our room (401) was on the small side (but I came to see Dublin, not my room), it was still large enough to to comfortably walk around the king-size bed, the desk, and the dressing alcove. The heat was hard to control, but once we figured out that you can turn down (or off) the radiator (notwithstanding the thermostat on the wall), we were quite comfortable. We slept with the window open a crack because we like fresh air, and the noise was not excessive. (More mechanical noise than human noise.)

The neighborhood is great; restaurants and other amenities abound. (BTW, the pizza around the corner -- DiFontaine's -- was the most authentic NY style pizza I've had outside the NY area.)

Finally, the hotel staff was fantastic. Everyone we encountered couldn't have been more helpful or friendly.

Room Tip: Our interior rm was quiet, but no view. Not huge, but not cramped. With open window u can hear some mech. noise, but hardly any street noise
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at The Clarence, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Your many kind words about The Clarence and the team here following your recent stay are really appreciated. It's always great to read a positive review such as this and we hope your enjoyment on this occasion means you'll return for another great stay sometime soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

When we went here someone was a bit sick in the main bar, which was a REALLY big shame, as I had been hanging out to get here. Just for the significance of the bar / hotel itself! But this is a really awesome hotel on the river. We sat and had a cocktail and chilled and it was great!

Stayed: August 2017

It's a pity to read the opening line of your review though great to read the positive follow-on comments. We hope you'll return to The Clarence and indeed The Octagon Bar again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Unfortunately mine was a stay that never happened! Had to stay unexpectedly in the capital on a Friday night. Booked online with what I thought was the correct date but must have clicked back a page and the date reset to that night. When I got to the hotel I was told there was no booking, that there was nothing they could do and the money was gone from my bank account. Warning to all to be very very careful when booking online esp on hotel website as they can be very tricky with the date. The emailed details were also in ridiculously small writing so I missed seeing the date when I might have had an opportunity to correct the booking. The hotel made no contact with me either to say I hadn't checked in, which I found strange. Needless to say I was gutted! Another hotel very kindly put me up for a heavily discounted rate on hearing my story! ☺️

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at The Clarence, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

It's a pity to read that you are negatively reviewing The Clarence for an error that occurred on your part and had we been able to accommodate you on the night you eventually arrived we would have happily done so however we were fully booked. To clarify a couple of points in your review from your stay that never happened, we are not "tricky" with our dates whatsoever with the DAY and DATE clearly shown prior to confirming any reservation. Not reading the booking confirmation when you received it to spot the error you made is in no way a fault of the hotel. Once a booking is confirmed we do not feel it necessary to contact a guest in the instance of no arrival and such is the standard practice with an immeasurable amount of hotels we are familiar with.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

The Clarence Hotel is in a prime Dublin location with top notch service at all levels. The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable. Bathroom amenities are ample and nice. The staff are very professional, helpful and friendly. Our stay was wonderful.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It's great to read you enjoyed a wonderful stay with us at The Clarence and we hope you'll have the opportunity to return for another great stay soon.