“Do not worth the money”
Review of Hilltoptreks

Hilltoptreks
Book In Advance
More Info
US$88.98*
and up
Wicklow Day Trip with Horse Riding Including...
Ranked #17 of 105 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Hilltoptreks is 100% Irish owned with local guides to assist you. We operate Day Tours and excursions from Dublin. Activity day tours with guided walks, horse riding, cycling options. Guided and self Guided walks in Ireland Guided day walks
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I booked a 8-hour tour in Wicklow mountains which included 2 hours of horse riding but it turned out that we spent most of the time in the coach and the horse riding was 45 minute of training inside the stables and half an hour in a field close to the stables and not in the mountains. This activity do not worth the money I payed
Nevertheless, the guide and the staff of the stables are very nice people and the National park of Wicklow is amazing.
I suggest to check out the weather forecast and do not go in cloudy or rainy days

1  Thank Francesca S
HilltopTreks_Ireland, Owner at Hilltoptreks, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Hi,
I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the tour. The stables do need assess the riders before bringing them out on the track for their personal safety. Maybe the weather wasn't great but very little we can do about that. We do the tour the other way round so activities in the afternoon if the weather is looking better then.

Terry

"gresham hotel"
"upper lake"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Spent most of the day looking at the museum. Don't forget to go on the last existing Titanic Tender outside, its cute! Staff at the museum were pretty much ho um as far as customer service goes.

1  Thank Skimccall
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Brilliant day out great fish and chips in restaurant very good attractions would recommend this for a good day out

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Absolutely fantastic day - would definitely book with Hilltop Treks again. My sister and I enjoyed the one day tour to the Wicklow mountains national park and chose to add on the horse riding option which was absolutely brilliant. Horse riding on trails through the Wicklow mountains was the highlight of my trip to Ireland and each of the places we visited were lovely. Our guide, John, was very friendly and knowledgeable. We visited and walked area Glendalough, visited the PS I love you bridge, saw the biggest waterfall in Ireland, and enjoy a lovely homecooked lunch at a family run cafe in Enniskerry - again a lovely village to look around. Would recommend this tour to anybody. Thank you HilltopTreks!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Me and my friend from South Korea took a day tour to Wicklow on a very cold January day. It was fantastic!
Hilltoptrek is a small company, very friendly driver with a lot of knowledge about the area.
We had lunch in a great local eatery, and the driver made sure we were informed about pick up points after each walks.
The only downside was the weather ~ but that's nothing to do with the service !
I highly recommend Hilltoptrek , and most likely I will book with them again if I have the chance!

1  Thank Maggie K