“It's just in a different league”
Review of Sabor Brazil - CLOSED

Sabor Brazil
Price range: US$42 - US$115
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Brazil is the largest and most populous country in South America. Almost as if to complement its exciting geographical contrasts, from wetlands to tropical forest to beaches, it also boasts an incredible multi-ethnic mix, which is mirrored in its cuisine.The indigenous Tupi Indians had already mastered the art of preserving meats through smoking and drying by the time the Portuguese colonised Brazil in 1533. They had developed the use and processing of Corn (in particular Corn Porridge) as well as the use of many root vegetables such as sweet potato and manioc (also known as yucca or cassava ).Not only did the Portuguese bring with them their own culinary customs (heavily influenced by 300 years of Moorish occupation) but they also imported slaves from West Africa with their cooking traditions. The use of coconut milk, peppers and dende (palm oil) are amongst the many ideas introduced by the slaves, all of which are prevalent in Brazilian cooking.Many more immigrants followed later, including Western Europeans, peoples from the Middle East and Asia, but unlike the Portuguese and African traditions, their culinary contributions were absorbed rather than evolved.As with many other large countries, Brazilian cuisine has its regional differences, although staple ingredients throughout Brazil today include beans, rice and manioc meal. To the North (includes Amazonas, Rondônia and Pará), the diet is mainly fish, root vegetables and fruit as opposed to the Southeast where the use of corn, pork and beans is traditional. Our restaurant is based in a small baroque city of Ouro Preto (from Portuguese, Black Gold) is a city in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, a former colonial mining town located in the Serra do Espinhaço mountains and designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO because of its outstanding Baroque architecture. A different and enjoyable option for a FINE DINING Brazilian Restaurant. A cozy atmosphere for pleasant moments with friends and partners. Excellent food and proud to show our diverse culinary dishes to europeans.
Dublin, Ireland
“It's just in a different league”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I called and spoke to whom i later realised was Tom. I asked for a reservation at 730. Tom as always very politely asked if we would mind coming at 715 or 745 as he was welcoming someone at 730! I assumed it must have been someone very important. However when we arrived we were given the same special individual welcome Tom gives everybody! He is the best front of house man anywhere! Chat followed. Drinks flowed. The food was superb. The ambience unique. All in all it was a very special night. Topped off with a very pleasant chat with Marco who runs the kitchen. We will return. Soon. Thank you Tom and Marco. Barry and Johanna

• Visited January 2012
5 Thank barry m

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Dining experience of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

There are no words to describe how lovely our evening was at Sabor! I couldn’t believe the high quality of service from Tom our waiter, unbelievably gorgeous food and relaxing warm atmosphere and I would heartily recommend this as the ‘must-do’ experience of Brazil.

Though on initially looking at the menu, the prices seem more expensive than your average Dublin restaurant (still reasonable just a bit more on the expensive side) my boyfriend and I actually agreed this was the best value meal of our lives when taking into account that we spent nearly four hours and the majority of our evening there, were served with every courtesy and brought so many extra course’s and drinks by Tom that we virtually ended up having an 8 course meal. I’d seriously consider walking back to Dublin for another one of the chef’s handmade truffles!

I can’t imagine anyone being able to find fault with this place and that was evidently also the opinion of our fellow diners that evening when the Chef came out to meet everyone (these only numbered 6 as we were told Sabor likes to have fewer seats in order to extend the highest level of service possible). The reviews speak for themselves - treat yourself!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank karensa k
dublin
“Simply the best......”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Up until last saturday my basic understanding of any restaurant I had ever been in was get the customer in and out as quickly as is possible and get another bum on that seat, basic economics.. it was so unbelievably refreshing to see Sabor Brazil is rewriting the book on how to run a restaurant. To myself and my wife it was not just about the beautiful food, the fabulously comfortable and intimate surroundings, the value for money, it was all about the service the service the service. In my opinion every restaurant owner should book a table in sabor brazil to see how it should be done. Restaurants should not be judged on how many michelan stars they have they should be judged on how close they can come to the sabor brazil experience.

1 Thank shay23
Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding. Amazing service. Fantastic Food. Beautiful Restaurant”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Can't possibly recommend Sabor Brazil highly enough. Myself and my boyfriend went there before Xmas and were treated like a king and queen. I have NEVER experienced anything like the service we got. Although the restaurant only holds 12 people, this will give you an idea of the standards that they maintain in order to keep this place full and customers extremely happy. This is by far the best restaurant in Dublin for both food and friendly service and I want to spread the word, because it's truely a hidden gem.

• Visited December 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“Stop Reading This and Book Your Table Now!”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Having visited Sabor Brazil three times now, I'd simply say the following.

1. Stop reading these reviews. Knowing exactly what awaits you will detract from the 'surprise and delight' that you'll experience when you first visit this restaurant. Part of the fun of dining at Sabor Brazil is that you don't know what wonderful surprise is coming next.

2. Allow yourself plenty of time - all evening if you can - to visit.

3. Book your table now and prepare to be astonished by Dublin's finest dining experience.

• Visited June 2011