“Ideal for concerts in the RDS” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 160 Dublin B&B and Inns
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Ideal for concerts in the RDS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed here as we were going to a concert in the RDS which was only 5 minutes walk away.
The room was spacious and clean.
There was a good breakfast. Be aware the breakfast is served up to half nine.
Parking only for 2 cars in the drive way. If parking on the street, be aware that permit parking is operational and to remove a clamp will cost €65 to be removed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donegalgaa
TeresaMuldoon, Owner at Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Thank you for your comments to Donegalgaa. I know you enjoyed your stay with us.
In relation to parking. While I only have two off street car spaces I can supply alternative parking. Car spaces are not often required in the city as most people prefer to use public transport and we are within walking distance of the city and all amenities. If the spaces are occupied I give complimentary parking tickets for parking on the street so no worries about clamping or expensive release from same.
Regards
Teresa (Owner)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

What great place! Clean, pretty, comfortable and Teresa is without doubt one of the most helpful and warm hosts I've ever encountered. Beds and bathroom are first-rate, the breakfast options are vast and varied (FRESH fruit salads, oatmeal, eggs any way you like, kippers, three kinds of sausage, homemade brown bread--and the list goes on). Ballsbridge is walking distance or easy bus 46A from city centre; the blue Leopardstown bus from the airport drops you practically at the door. Neighborhood is upscale with a huge park a few blocks away and nice restaurants pubs around the corner. No traffic or street noise--slept with windows open and very quiet.. This will be my place to stay from now on in Dublin.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank EllenDelller
Southern Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Recently stayed at the B&B. It was a good value for money, clean, and conveniently located. The walk into town was about 15 - 20 minutes with a good connection to the DART system nearby.

It does not have the little touches that make a great B&B though, and I do not believe I would stay there again. Our bathroom soap kept disappearing, there was just one small glass of juice at breakfast, butter and jams were packaged, etc. In comparison to other B&Bs on our trip, it was just okay.

For the price though, it was appropriate.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LolaBee
I would like to thank Lola Bee for her helpful comments. My policy is to replace soap each day but I will now be keeping a closer watch to see that this is adhered to. While a glass of juice is supplied as an appetizer guests are very welcome to more if they require. I have not had a problem with this in the past but as it has been pointed out to me I will make it clearer to guests that they are welcome to a replenishment in the future.
I will also look at the Jam question. At the moment I provide a selection of 6 different jams and would probably not be able to provide this variety were I to change but I definitely will look at the logistics of doing so.
Thank you again for your comments.
Teresa ( Owner)
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

I recently enjoyed a stay at Oaklodge B&B with my two adult daughters. The triple room was clean, comfortable and of a good size, the ensuite bath was modern and efficient. The house is quite lovely and situated in a beautiful, safe, quiet, upscale neighbourhood. We found it to be ideally located and within easy strolling distance to St. Stephen's Green and the city centre, and to Lansdowne DART station for catching a train for a local daytrip. Bus stops are close by, but in fact, we did not take a bus even once to get to the city centre...we walked everytime and enjoyed the stroll and sightseeing along the way. Due to other committments our hostess was unable to provide breakfast, so we booked rooms only. However, there are many great choices of restaurants, pubs, coffee shops all within very easy walking distance. I would definitely stay with Teresa again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Keleac
Padova, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

Our stay at Oaklodge B&B has been truly fantastic! The house is in a nice Victorian neighborhood, easy connected to the center by the city bus and to the airport by the AirCoach service that stop in front of Hampton Hotel, 500 meters from the B&B.
The area is very quiet at night and we felt completely safe.
The room was big, spotless clean and very comfortable with a big brand new bathroom.
The best value was the friendly owner Teresa was very happy to spoil us with all kind of useful informations and especially with her super breakfast! everything was delicious and set us for the whole day. I would absolutely recommend Oaklodge to everybody willing to visit Dublin.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple