“Good tours....great guides!”

Irish Day Tours
Ranked #24 of 273 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour -
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We used Irish Day Tours for four private day tours and also did the Gravedigger tour. 1) Request Caroline! She is probably the best guide I have ever had for any tour in any country. She was awesome with great insight, stories, history, themed music, and the best personality. Anyone can drive you to these locations but the guide can make it the best experience and she did that for our group. She was extremely accommodating and even altered the tour a little to meet the wants of our group. Sadly, we only had her for one tour to Belfast and the Giants Causeway. 2) Another good guide was David. We had him for the Cliffs of Moher tour. My group were all college-age students and he was perfect for them. Took us to off the beaten path sites, had great music, really engaging with the students, and a very impressive yet exciting driver. 3) The gravedigger tour was one the funniest experiences of the trip. It will make you laugh the entire night while also giving you a lot of historical information. The guides are professional actors and were great to talk to when in character and when they were out of character. There was a lot of swearing and I mean a lot. Even still it was a fantastic night! 4) Boynne Valley Celtic tour was a great easy-going and simple tour. Matt our guide was great for the on-site history at Hill of Tara. The actual bus ride could have been better. I would suggest bringing ear phones and a good audio book or your own music. The actual sites though, were awesome and it was exactly how you picture Ireland. I am not sure if this is the only tour company to do this tour but we had every site, except Trim castle, to ourselves. It was great! 5) The buses were hit and miss and we had every possible option from the best with leather seats, wifi, and USB ports for charging cameras and phones to older buses with just seats and that was it. Needless to say most of our phones died on the latter before the tour was finished. You can try and request certain buses.

I would highly recommend using this company as I will be using them again when I return with another group of students or with just my family and friends. Great company and experiences!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,950)
All reviews
"irish countryside"
in 111 reviews
"dark hedges"
in 98 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 58 reviews
in 55 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed 1 June 2018

I visited Dublin in May and in two weeks did most of the day tours that Extreme Irish Day Tours / Irish Day Tours have to offer. Connemara, Blarney, Giant's Causeway, Cliffs of Moher Premium and the Celtic Boyne Valley. All of these were absolutely fantastic, and the guides were top notch! I couldn't be more delighted with my experiences with them. It doesn't matter if you're on your own or in a group, the tours with this company are well worth doing.

1  Thank 7Becca13
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I did the Cliffs of Moher and Galway bus day trip, it was excellent. Our tour guide did a wonderful job pointing out good spots along the way with fun facts and history, and was also very entertaining. I enjoyed the Irish songs along the ride! The tour was great to get a taste of all of the different spots. We spent about an hour and a half at the Cliffs of Moher, 20 minutes at the Burren, and just over an hour in Galway. Not much time, but enough to fit it all in when not traveling to these places separately. It was a good option for me, as I really wanted to see these places, and did not rent a car in Ireland. Would defiantly recommend this company and this tour!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Loved our tour guide! David was super knowledgeable and funny, too! The only thing I would change is the music played on the bus. It could have been a little quieter/relaxing.