Open today: 08:30 - 22:00

from US$57.70
from US$69.30
from US$75.00
5,954 results
All reviews blarney castle day trip the bus celtic boyne valley giants causeway cork city driver guide rope bridge great tour northern ireland irish countryside dark hedges highly recommend this company belfast tour irish songs great driver his knowledge
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We really wanted to see the Cliffs of Moher, so booked a tour at Irish Day tours. Previously, we had good experience with these tours. Since it was early in the season, it was a small 16-person coach, with only 10 people attending the tour. It was comfortable, although would be a bit crammed if it was completely booked with 16 persons.

We drove a very scenic route through the country, and enjoyed a sheepdog demonstration and many great views. Upon arrival for the boat tour at sea, for a view of the Arran Islands and the Cliffs at sea level, the weather turned from to very bad. Unfortunately the boat tour got cancelled, due to safety reasons. I didn't mind, since you would only be hanging over the reel in this weather. To compensate, we spent extra time on the topwalk of the Cliffs. Luckily, it stopped raining, and we enjoyed the most amazing views. We will certainly return here again one day.

Our tourguide Alec was funny and polite, did an excellent job. He told about the history of the country, gave tourist-friendly tips and kept a good schedule with plenty of opportunities to rest or eat.

Thanks!

1  Thank Bianca H
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Cliffs of Mother are a must see when in Ireland! Absolutely stunning and worth the drive from Dublin. The day we visited was extra cold, but I would recommend anyone not traveling in the summer to the Cliffs to be sure to pack extra warm items including layers, hats and mittens. We ventured in the bitter cold but found it worth every second!

The visit to Galway was nice too. A nice place to shop or grab a quick bite to eat. The main streets are old and cobblestone. They look like they fell out of a history book which was our primary enjoyment of them (we are not big shoppers). We had 1.5 hours in Galway and it was enough for us. Our driver was knowledgeable and informative. He had a tough job driving the bus and talking to the group at the same time, and did very well.

It is a long day but the driver stops on both directions to allow a bathroom visit and/or food purchase. I highly recommend Irish Day Tours!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Alec, our driver and tour guide (!) was incredible. It was a long day that never was boring or too tiring. He kept it all interesting all the time and also knew when to allow us to rest. If you only have one day for a day tour, take this one.

Alec even had great recommendations for dinner. He helped make our trip to Dublin special.

1  Thank elsnave
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We were very excited to do this tour but it wasn’t all we had hoped, too rushed and the guide was on his first day so I understand it’s a bit daunting but we were hoping for the great guide I saw on TripAdvisor who apparently did these tours.

Having gone on an Irish tour before and noting how hilarious the guides can be I was quite disappointed and it was my sons first Irish tour.

Very little insider knowledge was given although the advertising said this was a selling point. We were rushed at every location and the causeway was actually dangerously rushed. Just enough time to get across the bridge and back up again still being later than we were told to be! Climbing back up is not for the faint hearted especially as we were so rushed to get back. I had to stop twice and was glad I didn’t have a heart condition or they could be calling the ambulance! I’m quite healthy albeit a bit older.

The dark hedges I was looking forward to so much but again no stories just out, get a photo and back on the bus quickly. Frankly we were glad when it was over and gave a tip anyway but I would choose a different company next time.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Our driver, Phil (the better looking one), was both interesting and informative. The trip to the Cliffs of Moher are a must-see and I enjoyed seeing the Burren as well. The drive up the Wild Atlantic Way was beautiful and Galway was a cute city. Though it is a really long day and we were very tired by the end of it.