“Excellent Tour”

Irish Day Tours
Ranked #24 of 265 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour -
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to do the Cliffs of Moher tour while we were in Ireland. We used Extreme Ireland tours and really lucked out with Joseph Patrick Mulligan, who was absolutely fantastic, and seemed really passionate about sharing stories and knowledge about the parts of Ireland we traveled through.

My wife and I had also booked a tour to go to the Giants Causeway the next day (with a different company) we had previously booked online. I won't bad mouth the other company, but I will say our guide on that tour was nowhere near as great as Joseph.

We'll definitely be returning to Ireland, and if he's still around, would definitely do another tour with the Joseph!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,850)
All reviews
"irish countryside"
in 93 reviews
"great tour"
in 244 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 47 reviews
in 56 reviews
"ireland's history"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed 10 October 2017

This is our first time to Ireland and I did not feel like renting a car. So we decided to join this tour so we could get outside Dublin and see other areas of Ireland. The ride was super LONG, like 3 hours from Dublin. But the view was amazing. Our driver/guide, Bobo, was funny and friendly. He had made this long ride a lot more entertaining and tolerable. By the time we got back to Dublin it was already 8pm. We were exhausted but think the trip was most definitely worthwhile.

2  Thank Glo116
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had a full day west coast adventure, going to the Cliffs of Moher, the Barren, lunch in Doolin and a stroll in Galway. The cliffs are not to be missed, and we had plenty of time to explore them. Our tour guide, Owen Reed, was knowledgeable, funny and accommodating. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everything was extremely well organized and the trip ran smoothly. As you travel around the western part of the country, much of the bus route is on smaller routes that are incredibly scenic, so even the time travelling by bus was well spent. I recommend this trip to anyone who wants to get to the west coast for a day.

ExtremeIreland, Manager at Irish Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your tour with us. Owen is a great guy and always gets great reviews from his guests.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

This trip was awesome. I was bored of Dublin after 1.5 days and the day trip I took to the country side (Cliffs of Moher and Giants Cuaseway) made my trip. Had to get up early but was so worth it!

JAMES was an amazing tour guide. We were lucky and got to travel in a 15-passenger van instead of the big buses, which made for a more intimate experience. James explained to us a lot of the history of Ireland and he was SO knowledgeable, it was amazing!

The only thing I would change is that I wish we spent more time at the cliffs. One hour and a half flew by. I know there are other companies that stay for 2 hours, so that might be a good option if you want to be able to walk further.

1  Thank sofia_taken

Hi,
Thanks for leaving a review, we really appreciate it. I am delighted that you enjoyed discovering the countryside so much. When visiting Ireland it is a great idea to see a little more than just Dublin.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I am super impressed with how much these drivers know! I think I am pretty educated on certain historical periods in Irish history and these guys were impressive!!! They are kind, funny, and know their stuff. They are also really good drivers and make the trip fun. We were at Cliffs of Moher ‘premium’ yesterday but the boat trip was cancelled due to weather and we still had fun. Today we went to Belfast and our driver was great again! Tomorrow is Cork, Thursday is Connemara, and Friday is Giants Causeway. I can’t wait for the next trips!

Wow you really are discovering all that Irish day tours has to offer! I hope you enjoy all your tours as much as you did the first two!