“Celtic Boyne Valley”

Cliffs of Moher Day Trip from Dublin
Ranked #5 of 240 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour - The Storyteller Bus
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This was the first time my husband and I had taken a coach tour so we didn't know what to expect. Our driver was Rob and right away he made some jokes and made everyone comfortable. This was a smaller tour, there were only 14 of us.
On the way to the tour our bus started to break down, Rob called the office and they told him to keep driving the bus anyway. Rob refused and told them to get another bus down here right away. It was great that he was so concerned for our safety instead of just doing what his boss told him to do. It didn't take long for a new bus to arrive and then we were on our way.
This tour is wonderful for anyone who likes history. We got to see Loughcrew which features ancient tombs, Monasterboice which features Celtic high crosses and church ruins, Hill of Tara, Trim Castle, and the church in Drogheda which features the severed head of Saint Oliver Plunkett.
We also stopped at Loughcrew and ate lunch at a wonderful cafe there. My husband and I both had Ham & Cheese melts and they were delicious.
The walk at Loughcrew is pretty tough if you aren't in good shape, it is uphill walking for about 20 minutes.
It rained the entire day we were on this tour. I expected rain in Ireland but it absolutely poured and I was soaked by the end of it but I still had the best time because of our driver, Rob. He was knowledgable and funny. I would highly recommend this tour!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,592)
All reviews
"great tour"
in 257 reviews
"irish countryside"
in 98 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 49 reviews
in 42 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 55 reviews

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I took the ancient east tour this week and had a great time. Bo-Bo was very knowledgeable and has such pride and love for his country that made the tour that much better. We learned so much about the people, culture and history of Ireland and highly recommend this tour, be sure to ask for Bo-Bo to get the full experience.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Rarely, if ever, have I enjoyed a day so much, as mine and my wife's bus trip, that day. Our bus driver, Rob, was not only knowledgeable about the wonderful sites he took us to but his love of the Irish people, history and land oozed from every utterance he made. It was impossible for us to not catch a bit of the same from him. For anyone who loves the land as much as the monuments and ancient sites, this trip is a must. The views from the sites were breathtaking and comforting, both. We highly recommend this trip to anyone looking for a genuine Irish experience. Ask for Rob and it will be given by a true, genuine patriot of the Isle.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

There's a reason so many of these reviews mention Bo-Bo! Irish Day Tours was amazing, my friend and I did 3 tours in 3 days - Cliffs of Moher and Galway, Cork and Blarney Castle, and then the Giant's Causeway and Belfast. Leo was our driver for Cork/Blarney Castle and he was extremely knowledgeable about the history of Ireland dating back from before the Vikings all the way to current history. Our weather was what you'd expect for Ireland (windy and rainy) during the Giant's Causeway tour so the bridge was closed at Carrick-a-Rede but our driver Matthew was very kind and considerate when a group didn't make it back to the bus on time. He let the employees at the cafe know what he was doing, dropped the rest of the tour off for lunch (since it was only 5 minutes away) so the rest of the tour wouldn't be rushed to eat, and went back to Carrick-a-Rede to pick up the group that hadn't made it back to the bus on time. The Cliffs of Moher/Galway tour was by far our favourite, not only for the tour itself but because of our driver Bo-Bo (Robert). He was amazing to the point where when we left the tour, we asked him if he would be doing either of our next 2 tours because he was such a pleasure to have. We had a bit of a mishap where a single tourist didn't make it back to the bus from the Cliffs by the time that Bo-Bo had clearly told us - the rest of the tour made it to the bus on time - he waited 20 minutes, twice as long as the expected time, phoned her multiple times, and not only got off of the bus to look for her around the visitor centre, but when he finally made the decision to leave (which he had never had to do before during his career as a driver) so the other 40 or so people on the tour wouldn't be affected any more than we already were, he asked again as we were pulling out for everyone to keep an eye out for her. Unfortunately the next stops were quite a distance away so he wouldn't have been able to wait any longer or go back for her without drastically affecting the remainder of the tour for the rest of the bus. I would HIGHLY recommend this company and definitely suggest finding out which tour Bo-Bo is doing when you go to book because whichever one it is, I can almost guarantee you it will be spectacular!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The sound system on this Small coach was terrible. It crackled and we could only understand 75% of what the driver was saying.
The driver did his best but the system needs to be fixed. Because of this I would not book a tour with them again.

We couldn’t do the bridge because of weather. No fault to the company of course. Mother Nature was the blame.

It’s a long tour so be prepared.

Giant Causeway was beautiful. Even in the rain.
Had a lovely meal (not included) at a great classic pub. Very enjoyable

Bring snacks for the trip.

ExtremeIreland, Manager at Irish Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Hi,
I am sorry that the the system malfunctioned on the day of your tour. We operate a very modern fleet of buses and pride ourselves in the quality of transport we provide. We have two full time mechanics and try to address all faults as quickly as possible.