“Giants causeway, Belfast”

Giant's Causeway Day Trip from Dublin including Belfast
Ranked #5 of 235 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour - The Storyteller Bus
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Long drive from Dublin but we'll worth the trip. Stopped at the Dark hedges and Dunluce castle along the way. great picture opportunities for game of throne fans. Then a stop in Belfast on the way back where did a black taxi tour around the city. Excellent. Jam packed day. Would totally recommend.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My husband and I were booked on a day tour through our travel agent. I had torn my achilles tendon in the week prior to our trip, so I actually tried to cancel the tour due to the pain of walking. After being told that the tour was not refundable, we opted to go and I decided I would just sit on the bus if I needed to.

Our tour guide (David) was very knowledgeable and had a great (dry) sense of humor. There were 32 people on our tour, but he kept everyone moving so that we stayed on schedule throughout the day and even returned to Dublin earlier than expected. I prefer this tour because, as other reviewers have stated, the locations are self-guided. David would give us advice on what to see or the order to do things (get out there, then take photos on the return), but he didn't accompany us to any of the destinations.

One highlight of this trip was the unexpected stop at The Dark Hedges. For the Game of Thrones fans out there, this was used in Season One (or Two) as The Kings Road. So cool!

We had been told before the tour that we would be hungry, but there were plenty stops for food and drink! I highly recommend this company!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We booked 3 different day tours with Irish Day Tours: Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle and the Ancient East Tour.

All 3 of them were awesome. Same goes for the drivers. Beware: Josef sings a lot and might just make the whole bus moo.

Personally, I'd prefer a bit more time at the sights but most of the other travelers seemed to have been ok with the schedule.

If you book the Ancient East Tour be sure to wear solide shoes because you will be climbing a pretty steep hill.

All in all: thumbs up!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I attended this tour on 9/1 with tour guide Alec. It was absolutely wonderful. As we were driving to the Cliffs, he shared some very interesting facts and stories about Ireland. As it is a long drive, he stopped at a rest stop where we were able to get breakfast. The Cliffs were breathtaking and we did spend a good amount of time there. Lunch was at a little pub in Doolin and that was great as well. I do wish we had more time in Galway (1 hour) but I still enjoyed the town! All in all, this was a FANTASTIC tour. If I return to Ireland, I will book another tour through Extreme Ireland.

2  Thank Ash A
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Had a great time! Leo our guide was amazing, vast knowledge of Ireland and its history.
Definitely would recommend this to everyone expect small children. Leo is great at telling stories, this is indeed a long tour so small children get fussy, loud and like to interrupt. Not great for everyone trying to enjoy the wealth of knowledge he has to share. Thank again Leo!!!!

ExtremeIreland, Manager at Irish Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted that Leo gave you such a great experience. We are lucky to have some of the best guides in the business!