“All Day Tour - Cork and Blarney Castle”
Review of Irish Day Tours

Giant's Causeway Day Trip from Dublin including Belfast
Ranked #5 of 235 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour - The Storyteller Bus
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Had a great time on Extreme Ireland's All Day Tour - Cork and Blarney Castle. We booked through Viator but you could also book directly with them. We met at the Molly Malone statue in front of the St. Andrew's Church. We got there at 6:40am for the 6:50am start time.

Our driver was Dublin Dave. He was a great tour bus driver and tour guide. Gave us funny jokes to keep things light and moving.

First stop was a break outside of Dublin for coffee/pastries at a truck stop. This was well received for a quick grab of coffee. We then went to the Rock of Cashel. We had ample time to see the sight. We then went to Cork with enough ample time to grab a pint of Murphy's. We then had lunch on the way to Blarney Castle.

We went to the Blarney Castle again with ample time to make our way to kiss the Blarney Stone. I think we had 2 hours there but can't remember exactly.

We then boarded the bus and made our way back to Dublin. Overall, it was a good day despite the rain. If you want a safe, fun, informative tour, book a Extreme Ireland tour and if you are looking to go to Cork and Barney Castle, Dublin Dave is your guy.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,394)

Reviewed 3 September 2017

My family and I had a wonderful tour of the Boyne Valley of Ireland with Irish Day Tours. We loved our trip and it was made especially nice by our guide and driver. We highly recommend them and the company who made this tour easy and enjoyable.

ExtremeIreland, Manager at Irish Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thanks for the recommendation. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed this historic tour.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I booked 2 tours with Extreme Ireland/Irish Day Tours. We had the same driver/tour guide David on both tours. He was very informative and funny. He let us relax on the trip when necessary and then gave us the info along the ride. Giants Causeway trip was unbelievable. Had such great weather and he tried to get us to the points of interest ahead of the other tour companies. There was plenty of time to visit each place, including Belfast. We enjoyed both tours as we werent obligated to stay with a tour guide but rather dropped off and go explore on your own. Which i prefer that way. The Cliffs of Moher tour - rainy dreary day. We still managed to see some of the cliffs but it was so cold and rainy that it made for a really bad visit. Same thing, David dropped us off, gave us good tips and off we went. Same with Galway City. David always told us the time frame we had and return time. Unfortunately, 2 passengers were left behind in Galway as they were almost 20 mins late. Luckily a sister tour bus was there and were able to bring them back. Note: make it back on time or you will be left.
Overall amazing experience. Definitely worth booking with these guys.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I booked this tour because I have done three other tours in past visits with this company and have enjoyed them. Although we rented a car this visit, we wanted to give my dad a break from driving and knew parking can be a premium at the Cliffs. We were scheduled for this tour earlier in the week and my sister suddenly came down ill during the night prior to the scheduled bus departure of 7 am. I tried calling the number, but at 5-6 a.m. there was nobody on the line. I walked with my mom down to the meeting point and staff could not have been more helpful and let us reschedule the visit for two days later. We were not expecting this sort of flexibility and had been prepared to have my mom and I go on the trip and rebook for my sister and dad later in the week. We were very glad they let us reschedule so we could share this experience together.

Our tour guide was Tony, who was entertaining on the bus with Irish stories and songs. He tried his best to make the experience a unique one for us. He took us to a local restaurant in Doolin that had really great fish & chips. The ferry ride was beautiful & we enjoyed our walk along the cliffs.

1  Thank svmcgee
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Mac was our driver/guide on the trip to the Cliffs of Moher and Galway. He shared a wealth of information about Ireland in general and about the region we visited. He talked about the history of the places we visited, shared local legends and sang traditional Irish songs. The views from the cliffs were impressive (it also helped that the weather was warm and sunny as it can be quite windy up there). Mac took us to a lovely pub for lunch, before we headed for Galway. In Galway, he guided us on a walking tour through the city, pointing out the most important landmarks. We also had time to visit the city on our own - it gave us a chance to see/listen to quite a few street performers ( added bonus).I found Galway to be delightful and I hope to return there one day. It was a long day but we really enjoyed the sights, the food and the overall experience. Mac was entertaining and very personable. We enjoyed ourselves!