“Celtic Tour with Mac”

Irish Day Tours
Ranked #26 of 280 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour -
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Just took the Celtic tour to the Hill of Tara, Trim Castle, Loughcrew, Monasterboice, and Drogheda. Fabulous! Our driver/guide, Mac, was witty and extremely knowledgeable about the history of Ireland and, specifically, of the ancient history surrounding the neolithic and megalithic structures visited on this tour. This was the second tour I have taken with this company, and I highly recommend both Mac and Irish Day Tours!

Date of experience: July 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (5,980)
All reviews
"dark hedges"
in 100 reviews
"irish countryside"
in 111 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 58 reviews
in 55 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I just took the Cork/Blarney Castle/Rock of Cashel tour with Irish Day Tours. Our driver/guide, Edel, was terrific! Edel was fun, knowledgeable, and balanced her sharing of information with quiet time for us to process and enjoy everything we were seeing and hearing. Edel helped us navigate the various destinations and we never felt rushed. Great day! Great guide! Highly recommend this tour company!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

The trip was entertaining, affordable, and very informative. Not only did we see the sights, but I felt as though I learned a lot about history and culture as well. The restaurant recommended for the lunch stop had absolutely delicious seafood chowder and was very affordable for students on a budget.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

The customer experience is very clearly a high priority for this company, and I can safely say they did an amazing job at making sure we had the best experience. Our driver, Owen, was so friendly and full of information, fun facts and interesting stories throughout the whole trip. The route we took ensured we got a great insight into the sights in the west, and in short few hours we had seen so many new things. The bus was very comfortable and even had USB ports to charge your phone! Would 100% recommend this company to everyone.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I took three tours through Extreme Ireland/Irish Day Tours during my recent trip to Ireland: Cork and Blarney Castle, Connemara, and Gravediggers (a haunted tour of Dublin). I enjoyed all of the tours. They were nice introductions to Ireland's history and culture. (This was my first trip to Ireland.)

The Cork and Blarney Castle tour provided a nice variety of activities. We visited The Rock of Cashel, Blarney Castle and the beautiful gardens, and spent 45 minutes in Cork. At Blarney Castle, we also had ample time to shop at the nearby Blarney Woollen Mills for shopping and have a hearty Irish lunch. The Irish stew at the restaurant next door to the woolen mills was delicious.

I loved the Connemara tour, but I felt we were rushed during the first part of the tour. The boat cruise was nice, but I would have preferred spending that 90 minutes exploring the nearby villages more.

The Gravediggers tour of Dublin was a lot of fun. The windows of the bus were covered, so we didn't see anything while we rode to the different sights, but the ghost actor on the bus kept us entertained with legendary stories about the Dublin haunts. The supporting actor at our last two stops was also excellent. She and the ghost from the bus worked well together and gave us an impressive, entertaining show.

Date of experience: May 2017