Open today: 08:30 - 22:00

from US$57.54
from US$51.79
from US$69.05
6,076 results
All reviews blarney castle day trip the bus celtic boyne valley giants causeway cork city driver guide rope bridge great tour northern ireland irish countryside dark hedges belfast tour highly recommend this company irish songs great driver his knowledge
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Mac, our guide/driver was wonderful. He told us our itinerary from the beginning and stories along the way as well as letting us nap by playing Irish music. As far an time management goes Irish Day Tours should give more time at Blarney Castle to walk around and enjoy the grounds. Instead, we were give 90 minutes there to wait in a long line to kiss the Blarney stone. Once we did that from immediately walking to the line from getting off the bus we had 10 minutes before we had to head back. I am aware that the Irishdaytours website itinerary posts 3.5 hours at Blarney castle but that was not the case in my instance. We spend way more time in Cork then we needed to. We should have used the Cork time for more Blarney Castle time. There was no traffic at all going to and from the sites. I am sure I am not the only one to mention time management on their reviews.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Jim_Reviewer41
Reviewed 3 July 2017

In one go, and one absolutely packed day tour you'll see the passage tombs of Loughcrew, the ruins of Trim Castle, the hill of Tara, the Celtic crosses in Monasterboice and the town of Drogheda, and the the head of St. Oliver Plunkett.
Best thing was the great driver and tour guide; the roads may be winding, the terrain may be rough, the cars might come from all sides or someone might have to catch a flight; you won't notice; absolutely great driver, and she was an equally or even better storyteller.
Be sure to be awake or you'll miss out on cool stories, and quick jokes and wits.

Date of experience: July 2017
ExtremeIreland, Manager at Irish Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Hi,
thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed every aspect of the tour. We realise that it is the guide who makes the experience fantastic for our guests and we are lucky to have some of the best in the business.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Today I was on the tour to Galway with the driver, Owen en his companion Louise.
They took us to see the other side of ireland, and it was amazing. Not only the landscapes got my undivided attention but there great explanations and great conversation brought us through the day with not a single moment of regret. It was amzing and if you visit Dublin and wanna try something outside the city go and take this trip!

Hi,
Thanks for the review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your escape from Dublin so much!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Today my husband and I took the Extreme Ireland Adventures tour to Belfast, Saint Patricks Grave, Dundrum Castle and the Mourne Mountains. This tour is a bang for your buck! Our tour guide Noel was so great! Noel was super knowledgeable and justifiably so given his scholarly past. He was also efficient, witty and welcoming! Our first stop was an introduction to The Troubles in Belfast. There murals within the city tell the story of The Troubles including the International Freedom Wall, the Freedom Wall and the Peace Wall, they are quite awe inspiring. Noel explained in depth the complicated politics both past and present within Ireland. We then set out to Saint Patrick's Cathedral and visited the stone grave of Saint Patrick himself. The cathedral is quaint and beautiful. Our next two stops were awesome! Dundrum Castle and the Mourne mountains. Thank you Noel for an amazing time despite the fact that the whole bus was full of sticks in the mud who did not know how to have a good time if it hit them in face lol! You kept a great attitude, your stories were awesome and so were your songs :)

Date of experience: July 2017

Hi I am delighted that you enjoyed your tour with us so much. Noel is a great guy and very knowledgeable.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I had tons of fun on the tour with Owen as our guide. His jokes and playlist made the trip! Will be looking for him as a guide the next time I take this your with a friend.