“Amazing tour, Better Guide”
Review of Irish Day Tours

Giant's Causeway Day Trip from Dublin including Belfast
Ranked #5 of 235 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour - The Storyteller Bus
Reviewed 1 April 2017

My fiance and I took the day trip out to Connemara.... absolutely beautiful and our tour guide Mac was the best.... He made us feel as though we were on a personally guided tour the entire time... Would do any day trip with Extreme Ireland; if possible try to get Mac as your driver, can't stress how enjoyable he made the tour... This was our first time doing a tour with Extreme Ireland and will definitely not be our last....

- 2 tourists from buffalo,ny

p.s. Mac, Thank you for introducing us to the boat captain in Killary, he was great and very interesting to talk to given my profession in the boating hospitality business...

ExtremeIreland, Manager at Irish Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Hi , thanks for the fantastic review we really appreciate it. We know our itineraries are very good but that it is the guide who makes the experience so memorable. I am delighted that Mac gave you such a great memory.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,415)

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

We did the Cliffs of Moher tour with Gerard, and it was amazing! We started super early, made our way to the Cliffs, were given just the right amount of time there, then headed to Doolin for lunch- delicious chowder at Fitzgerald's! After lunch we drove through Burren National Park and made a pit stop at the cliffs near Fanore- Crumlin (I think). The views were beautiful and Gerard made sure we explored as much as we wanted!! After the cliffs, we stopped at Hazel Mountain Chocolate Factory for a tour of the only beans to bar factory around, so yummy! Our last stop was Dunguarie Castle, although we weren't able to go in, the scenery was spectacular. On the way back to the city center, he showed us The Field- an Irish movie about the famine. Overall, it was the best trip we could hope for, would highly recommend!

1  Thank epatch9

Thanks for the review we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

My wife and I took the Cork / Blarney Castle / Rock of Cashel day tour. If you are planning this just know that this is around a 12 hour day. We met down by the old stone church near the Molley Malone statue located on Suffolk St. (just off Grafton). Our guide Gerrard did a really good job explaining all the history. The things I liked is that he talked when he needed to, but didn't feel compelled to talk the whole entire day. Each and every stop was just incredible and all self guided. You had plenty of time to get photos. Because we were blessed with an amazingly sunny and beautiful day we cut our time a little short in Cork and focused more time on Blarney Castle and it's grounds. The trip starts early (you meet around 6:45am), but we did stop for a quick breakfast and potty break along the way. I would recommend this tour as an opportunity to see these great sights.

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Joseph, the coach driver and tour guide, did not sing or talk enough. I had a full TWO minutes of my own thoughts; it was terrible.

Just kidding. Joseph was beyond expectations with his knowledge and love of country. He was a miracle worker the way he navigated that huge coach bus among other cars on the small windy roads of coastland! We loved the singing, humor, and extensive history lessons that he offered. I never thought I would want a 4-hour bus ride to be longer! He went above and beyond to make us feel like we got the best Ireland could offer. Joseph has set the bar for all other tour guides and has made lasting memories my husband and I will never forget.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I went to the Giant's Causeway tour and even though my first impression was that the tour looked a bit expensive in the end it was well worth it. I totally recomend it to all the people that love this kind of activity. My tour didn't start the way I had in mind as when I arrived my name wasn't on the list but that didn't stop Bud (our bus driver and guide) to sort the problem really quick :D he said go in (not sure if I had paid or not) and enjoy the tour as much as you can that I will sort everything else :D and he did! I was really impressed :D He entertained us the entire time with his jokes, information and singing ahah he was really nice, friendly, gave us lots of advice on what to visit, where to go, chose an amazing restaurant, waited for us all the time, taught us celtic and to be honest he was one of the best parts of the tour :D so thank you very much :) the tour it self it's amazing. You can lots of things including the causeway, dark hedges, castles and you go to belfast as well. It's a really complete tour :) I would definitely repeat it and I am sure I will come back to Dublin to do the remaining tours that Bud mentioned (cliff's, connemara, etc) as unfortunately I didn't had time for all! Keep up with the fantastic job!