“BEST DAY EVER!”

Irish Day Tours
Ranked #24 of 273 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour -
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

If you are trying to decide what tour to do or who to book the tour with, look no further! We brought a group of 8 on the Giant's Causeway tour earlier this week. I had been looking forward to seeing the causeway ever since I learned about it in college geology and it did not disappoint! I could have spent hours there. The rope bridge was very cool and the landscape surrounding it was incredible. We also stopped in Belfast for about an hour and a half. Our guide, Darryl, was the best tour guide of all time! He was hilarious, fun, knowledgable, and gave us great recommendations. In Belfast, he recommended a black taxi tour and even called the taxis for us, which we all agreed was one of the most interesting parts of our trip to Ireland. After the trip, he even offered up some great bar and pub suggestions for us. Thank you, Darryl!

Date of experience: June 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (5,953)
All reviews
"irish countryside"
in 111 reviews
"dark hedges"
in 98 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 58 reviews
in 55 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Took the CELTIC BOYNE VALLEY TOUR with Sandra (our tour-guide), and 17 other people and it was awesome.....
Tara, Trim, Tombs, Cemeteries, churches, Relics, 900 AD Abbey remains and add in lunch and gift shops!!! a great day!

Date of experience: June 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank janetd331
Reviewed 28 June 2016

My friend and I went on two different day tours with Mac, one to Belfast, and the Celtic Boyne Valley tour. We went on a handful of tours with Extreme Ireland, but what stood out to me was our tour guide, Mac. He really made our trips interesting and is very good at what he does. A very friendly, knowledgeable guy and I felt very comfortable asking him any questions I had. He was upbeat, cracked a lot of jokes, and made sure everyone on the bus was comfortable. I would go on another tour if I had time and knew I could have Mac as my tour guide!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Did the Cliffs of Moher tour on Sunday with guide, Phil. He was very enthusiastic and entertaining. The weather was not working for us but Phil made the experience good still. We also had to deal with a bike race, but luckily Phil planned ahead and it wasn't too bad. Trying to manage the race we did the trip backwards, going to the abbey first, then the mini cliffs before getting to the Cliffs of Moher. Doing this allowed us to escape large tourist numbers at each stop and then we had a break in the weather at the Cliffs. Good job, Phil! He recommended other tours, TopDeck Tours- which I'm now looking at as well. I definitely recommend the tour!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2016

What a great way to spend the day with Extreme Ireland Day Tours. We booked a trip with them to see Blarney Castle and visit Cork. This was a great day, even if it was a bit cold and misty. Even though it is June and summer, it can get pretty cold in Ireland. I would suggest dressing in layers and bring a back pack or string bag to put extra clothing if you get warm. Walking and comfortable shoes are a must to walk on the steep stairs in the castle. Sandals will not be your safest choice. My parents had a little difficulty with the steep stairs to climb the castle to reach the famous Blarney Stone. They made it to the top and it was slightly easier coming down. I would NOT recommend that young children or those afraid of heights attempt a climb to the top of the castle.
If you want to shop for original Irish merchandise, there is a huge Irish good store and many places to eat. After spending much of the day at Blarney Castle, we drove to Cork and enjoyed some shopping and strolling time. This is a small town, with a lot of character and pretty waterway. There wasn't a need to spend a ton of time there, but we had a few hours and that was enough. Our bus driver also served as a guide. He was funny, fun, knowledgeable and went out if his way to make everyone feel welcome. He was particularly sensitive to making sure my parents were seated near the front of the bus and comfortable. I can't say enough about what a nice man he was and he certainly helped to make the trip more enjoyable. I would highly recommend this trip.

Date of experience: June 2016
ExtremeIreland, Manager at Irish Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Thanks for leaving a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your tour to Blarney and Cork with us. We hope to bring you to other great destinations in the future.