“Blarney Castle BLAST Day Trip”
Review of Irish Day Tours

Irish Day Tours
Ranked #24 of 273 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour -
Reviewed 27 June 2016

What a great way to spend the day with Extreme Ireland Day Tours. We booked a trip with them to see Blarney Castle and visit Cork. This was a great day, even if it was a bit cold and misty. Even though it is June and summer, it can get pretty cold in Ireland. I would suggest dressing in layers and bring a back pack or string bag to put extra clothing if you get warm. Walking and comfortable shoes are a must to walk on the steep stairs in the castle. Sandals will not be your safest choice. My parents had a little difficulty with the steep stairs to climb the castle to reach the famous Blarney Stone. They made it to the top and it was slightly easier coming down. I would NOT recommend that young children or those afraid of heights attempt a climb to the top of the castle.
If you want to shop for original Irish merchandise, there is a huge Irish good store and many places to eat. After spending much of the day at Blarney Castle, we drove to Cork and enjoyed some shopping and strolling time. This is a small town, with a lot of character and pretty waterway. There wasn't a need to spend a ton of time there, but we had a few hours and that was enough. Our bus driver also served as a guide. He was funny, fun, knowledgeable and went out if his way to make everyone feel welcome. He was particularly sensitive to making sure my parents were seated near the front of the bus and comfortable. I can't say enough about what a nice man he was and he certainly helped to make the trip more enjoyable. I would highly recommend this trip.

Date of experience: June 2016
ExtremeIreland, Manager at Irish Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Thanks for leaving a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your tour to Blarney and Cork with us. We hope to bring you to other great destinations in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,953)
All reviews
"irish countryside"
in 111 reviews
"dark hedges"
in 98 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 58 reviews
in 55 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Did the Giant's Causeway tour on Saturday with guide Kevin. He was extremely helpful and knowledgable. We went through Belfast to Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, which was the highlight of the trip. They would not allow us to stop to take pictures while on the bridge- though others did without being told to stop. I recommend bringing a Go-Pro camera or video record your walk across the bridge and then take pictures from the videos later. Giant's Causeway was amazing, unfortunately a lady on our tour was injured and taken to a nearby hospital- so definitely be careful as the rocks are slippery! I almost fell several times. The Belfast trip was good. We did the Mural taxi tour as the Titanic Experience was not an option this day due to time limitations. I recommend the Mural taxi tour. Our driver was very nice and knowledgable- was like your cool uncle that you can banter with. We spent more time in the Protestant area, doing a walk through a neighborhood to see some murals. We got to go the the Peace Wall and sign the wall. We did not get a lot of time on the Catholic side, which we knew was caused by time limitations, but we were a bit disappointed as we wanted to see that side. The sights and story is incredible- definitely inspires after tour research! I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

My son & I enjoyed this day tour. Plenty of time at each stop on the itinerary. Shane was an excellent tour guide. Well worth the time and money when visiting Ireland.

Date of experience: June 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi Thanks for the review. I am delighted that Shane delivered an excellent tour for you.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Bud the tour guide took us to a couple of stops, including the Blarney Castle. I had fun learning about Irish culture from him and listening to his music. This is a great way to see the countryside without renting a car or worrying about public transportation.