“Viators Extreme Ireland Celtic Tour”
Review of Irish Day Tours

Irish Day Tours
Ranked #24 of 269 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour -
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We really enjoyed this tour to ancient Celtic spots. Our guide, Jim, was wonderful. It was the highlight of our trip to Ireland and we were sad that we did not have longer to stay. Jim made us want to return to Ireland for another visit, so next time we will do the Cliffs of Moher tour and visit Belfast. There were so many stops on this tour and Jim was extremely knowledgeable about Irish history that even though I have a degree in history, I learned so much from him. As Americans we really felt welcome in Ireland and Jim played a huge role in this. The Irish Tourism Board should appoint Jim as their American Ambassador. This trip included Hill of Tara, Trim Castle, Drougheda, and many other points of interest for people interested in the ancient Celts. Although the tour did not include lunch, the place where we stopped was excellent and served great yet reasonable Irish food. Fabulous tour.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,927)
All reviews
"irish countryside"
in 93 reviews
"great tour"
in 246 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 47 reviews
in 56 reviews
"ireland's history"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went to see the Cliffs of Moher which is a must see and we had an amazing guide named "Bud", who truly loves his job. He was telling us tons of stories and singing along the way! Overall it was a nice trip.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My niece and I decided to do the Cliffs of Moher tour on Good Friday, April 18 (since all the pups were closed). It's a long day but worth every minute of your time, especially, if you do the tour with Wayne - I highly recommend asking for him. He's knowledgable about the history of Ireland and relays the information in a way that makes it interesting and entertaining. You will love him, he had us laughing the entire trip OMG (that's for you Wayne). We sat on the left side of the bus and felt that was the better view. Now sit back and let Wayne take you on a tour of the beautiful countryside of Ireland, thanks Wayne!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

A 12 hour non-stop tour sounded a bit hardcore in the beginning, but after having it done, I cannot recommend it enough. It may have something to do with the fact that we might have had the best tour guide I've ever had. Of course, I'm talking about Jamie! I found the way he narrated the information regarding the tour superb, very interesting bits of Irish history, I've could have heard it all day long.
But even without an excellent tour guide, the tour itself it's worth way more than what it's paid for! Only the cliffs are an astonishing view. I guess it also had to do that on 18/04 we had the best possible weather (although it was not the 'real Irish experience') one could have.

All in all, 10/10 tour, 100% recommended to anybody

1  Thank John B
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 April 2014

A few suggestions- try to sit towards the front and on the left side of the bus (as you look out the front) to get the best views. There's no real bad seat but you'll be in it for 12 hours. My husband and I were hesitant to take such a long tour but really wanted to see more of Ireland than just Dublin. We are so glad that we did! Wayne was our driver on the Cliffs of Moher tour. There are plenty of times you get off the bus and can stretch your legs while looking at the gorgeous countryside. And his info was very entertaining not just facts after facts. He doesn't talk the whole time you're on the bus (bring a neck pillow to snooze during breaks, the 6:50 am departure comes early). Be sure to bring some extra layers because you're traveling across the country and temperature can vary. Overall I think this is the best way to see beyond Dublin. We were very grateful we weren't the tourists who had rented their own car and were panicking with buses and trucks on the small highways. Oh and I get car sick pretty easily but sat in the back and was totally fine still. There are plenty of breaks, the bus is very clean and kept cool and they ask that no oneards or anything.

2  Thank Maggie K