“Cliffs of Moher”

Giant's Causeway Day Trip from Dublin including Belfast
Ranked #5 of 235 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Irish Day Tours are at the forefront of Irish tourism offering seven day tours and two evening tours leaving from Dublin year round. Our tours are handcrafted to give the best day tour experience in Ireland. Led by our legendary guides who will fill your with tales and folklore and give you a deep sense of our countries history. Your adventure with us will say with you long after you’ve departed one of our luxury fleet of couches. Join the adventure with us one of our amazing day tours including ; The Cliffs of Moher & Galway - The Cliffs Of Moher, ‘Premium’ - Giant’s Causeway - Wild Connemara - Belfast & The North - Ireland’s Ancient East - Blarney Castle & Cork - The Gravedigger Ghost Tour - The Storyteller Bus
Reviewed 25 April 2014

A 12 hour non-stop tour sounded a bit hardcore in the beginning, but after having it done, I cannot recommend it enough. It may have something to do with the fact that we might have had the best tour guide I've ever had. Of course, I'm talking about Jamie! I found the way he narrated the information regarding the tour superb, very interesting bits of Irish history, I've could have heard it all day long.
But even without an excellent tour guide, the tour itself it's worth way more than what it's paid for! Only the cliffs are an astonishing view. I guess it also had to do that on 18/04 we had the best possible weather (although it was not the 'real Irish experience') one could have.

All in all, 10/10 tour, 100% recommended to anybody

1  Thank John B
Write a ReviewReviews (4,419)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

A few suggestions- try to sit towards the front and on the left side of the bus (as you look out the front) to get the best views. There's no real bad seat but you'll be in it for 12 hours. My husband and I were hesitant to take such a long tour but really wanted to see more of Ireland than just Dublin. We are so glad that we did! Wayne was our driver on the Cliffs of Moher tour. There are plenty of times you get off the bus and can stretch your legs while looking at the gorgeous countryside. And his info was very entertaining not just facts after facts. He doesn't talk the whole time you're on the bus (bring a neck pillow to snooze during breaks, the 6:50 am departure comes early). Be sure to bring some extra layers because you're traveling across the country and temperature can vary. Overall I think this is the best way to see beyond Dublin. We were very grateful we weren't the tourists who had rented their own car and were panicking with buses and trucks on the small highways. Oh and I get car sick pretty easily but sat in the back and was totally fine still. There are plenty of breaks, the bus is very clean and kept cool and they ask that no oneards or anything.

2  Thank Maggie K
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Took the Cliffs tour with Wayne on 4/18. Fantastic tour, fantastic tour guide. Wayne is the best tour guide I've ever had. He took what could have been a dry, day long history lecture and made it incredibly interesting and entertaining. We had a huge, 64 seat packed bus and he wrangled those people like I've never seen! 'Ready...go', was his mantra and we loved it!

The tour itself was wonderful. The day is long - 7am - 7pm, but you see so much and really gave us a taste of beautiful Ireland. Plenty of bathroom and snack breaks. Can't say enough great things about this great tour.

Thanks Wayne!

1  Thank twak21
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This tour could have been great. The stops are great, we loved each one. Partly because the Cliffs and the other attractions we saw were fun and beautiful, but also because we got a break from the worst tour guide I have ever had. Between 7 AM and 5 PM the longest Bud went without speaking could not have been more than 5 minutes. As annoying as that was, we could have tolerated that, if it wouldn't have been for the ridiculous volume he insisted on having his mic turned up to. At one point we politely asked him to turn it down a bit, and he did, but after our next stop it was right back up to deafening again. It was hard to enjoy the scenery during the drive with that terrible non-sensical racket in our ears the entire journey.

Bud told "jokes" and shared "stories" that were almost painful to listen to. He "sang" at the top of his lungs, he spent a full minute imitating a snoring noise into his mic, and I didn't hear or see an single person ask him a question. Perhaps this is because he left no stone unturned. I literally knew everything about everywhere we were going before we got there because he made certain there would be no surprises for anyone. What is the point of this? Why ignore people's sense of adventure and tell them absolutely everything that will happen before it can happen? Awful characteristic for a tour guide to have.

Oh - and when we finally stopped somewhere we were never permitted to leave the bus until he had repeated whatever he had rambled on about for the last ten minutes. That was a real special time. The bus would start to heat up and you could see the tension in people as he went on and on about a bunch of useless information. It was like being held hostage.

When we stopped for lunch he basically forced everyone to wait in a 40 minute line for a mediocre cafeteria style lunch, instead of letting people go to the other restaurant. I assume this is how he gets his free meals there...

All in all, I recommend this tour because the Cliffs should not be missed, but please please please, do yourself a favor and call ahead and make sure Bud will not be yelling into your poor ears all the live long day. I'm serious. If you turn up to your bus and Bud is there, turn around. Turn around and run away.

2  Thank Jen S
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a great tour! The bus ride was smooth and learned a lot about the rich history Ireland had to offer. It was just enough time for both places and the tour guide kept it real on what we should do and not do. I recommend this tour!

1  Thank misskono