“Lovely place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dakota
Ranked #822 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Bar, Irish, European, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Birmingham
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I went to dublin for a 2 day stay and both days I visited the Dakota bar. This is a reasonable priced bar near the temple bar area. They had some cocktails for 5 euros which was a great price for the location, they also had 2 for 1's on Thursdays. The atmosphere was great in this place. I didn't eat here but saw food coming out and looked amazing. I would definitely recommend a visit to this bar if coming to dublin

Visited March 2014

• Czech first
Galway
“Not great for Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We ate here on a work night out. Had a few cocktails to start and the craic was good. I can honestly say that while the staff were very nice and did try - the service was so sub standard. There was about 14 of us at dinner - most ordered steaks - every single one was over done - all were ordered medium and medium rare! We finally received cocktails which were ordered with the meal an hour after we finished after asking 4 times! We got the bill before them.
Our steaks were all luke warm if that! Just poor service and poor time management. I would never eat here as a couple/small group.

Service: Although they tried hard and were very apologetic it simply isnt good enough
Food: Below standard
Atmosphere: Great!
Cost: You cant charge 17 for a steak and serve it cold!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Really nice crowd, sophisticated but fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have been coming here for years on and off for a few drinks or something to eat. I decided to have my thirtieth and it was brilliant! Staff were great and as always atmosphere was brilliant! Really lovely crowd esp for 26 yr over, no kids!! Thought food platters were really expensive but portions were HUGE! I'd advise people to look into it for party's! X

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, England, United Kingdom
“Watch out for pilfering bar staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

A complete disgrace and management need to sort their bar staff out.

There is no way I can give this place anything but the minimum.

I paid with a 50 euro note and was short changed as if I had paid with a 20. I could tell from the barman's automatic reaction that he knew exactly what he had done.

WATCH OUT

• Visited January 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Keep coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I don't drink here at the weekend so I can't comment on that! But I am a regular in Dakota for my midweek lunches and I just keep going back! This is primarily because the food is delicious and the 2 course lunch deal is great value. Sometimes however, the place can be quite understaffed!
I have to say also no matter how busy the place is the girls always recognise their regulars and try their hardest not to leave anyone waiting!