“great evening in Seagrass” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seagrass Restaurant

Seagrass Restaurant
Ranked #768 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“great evening in Seagrass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was my second time to eat here and i wasn't disappointed. This was the first night of a new menu. I had crab ravioli to start with and hake as a main course - delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This is also a BYOW restaurant, which makes it even more enticing. Well done

• Visited February 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Incredible value and tasty food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Is this the cheapest and tastiest plate of food in Dublin?! When you factor in wine....I think it is. There were nine of us ladies heading out to watch the rugby for a friend’s birthday, so we decided to meet for an early dinner at 5:30pm. I'd booked a few weeks in advance being a Saturday. We opted for the early bird dinner which was 3 courses for €21. The food was incredible - I opted for a lovely, smooth, chicken liver pate, which was presented very nicely set in a little glass with different textures and chutneys on offer. For Main I opted for the pork belly with sweet potato and ginger onions. There was a lovely piece of pork (huge piece - but no crispy skin as it had been braised). Very tasty indeed. Then a perfectly nice apple crumble to finish. Best of all - it's BYO with NO CORKAGE. So you can bring a bottle of your favourite wine rather than choosing a bottle for €30 and being disappointed. Service was fantastic as the food came very promptly, and service was very efficient. They were very accommodating, with some people choosing off the a la carte menu – not a problem at all. Three of us stayed to finish our wine, and we never felt rushed even on a busy Saturday evening service. By the time we left it was fairly full. Every plate that was served was well presented, thoughtful and a decent portion. Best of all it was tasty. Only disappointing thing of the night – the rugby was cancelled.

• Visited February 2012
dublin
“a really good athmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have passed this restaurant so many times on my bus and often made a mental note to visit it ,so when a friend suggested we would have our annual Christmas get together there I was delighted ,and when she said we can take our wine there I was over the moon .
The staff here are great very friendly , one waitress recognised my friend who lives in Mullingar and came over to speak to her ,how nice.
The food was superb ,we by choice missed the earlybird ,but I shall try that the next time .
My only tiny criticism is that it is qiute small and tables are close so not the place to tell all your secrets
The food was great the staff very attentive and by the amount of customers that night Seagrass has many well deserved fans .
Unfortunately I had to leave early but I will be back .

• Visited December 2011
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Visit spoiled by service and out of control customers.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Visited on a Tuesday night and surprised to find place packed. Staff were equally surprised and the 2 waiting staff were run off their feet.They did their best, but took an hour to get starters and whole meal took three hours.
Seemed to be a large party of teachers having a party before long summer hols. We were celebrating a special birthday and had to endure a succession of speeches and then a raucous singsong.
Despite the pressure the food was surprisingly good, with starters, mains and desserts all up to scratch. The BYOB was badly needed and we had no problem getting through our wine during the 3 hours.
I presume the two large groups had prebooked, so no excuse for being understaffed on the night. They all were availing of the good Early Bird offers, but were still singing their heads off when we left at 11pm. We, paying the full price, were the ones penalised on the night.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
“Reasonable food, over-priced and slipshod service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Possibly because there was a party in the basement service was poor the night we visited. It took a while to order, we ordered two mains - lamb shank and a nice cod and asparagus dish - which took over half an hour to arrive. Took a while to pay the bill. Impression of a not very well run restaurant ... but a decent kitchen.

• Visited June 2011