“Never fails to deliver ”
Review of Coppinger Row

Coppinger Row
Ranked #413 of 3,044 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It is a while since I was last here, but dropped in for lunch whilst Christmas shopping. I love sitting up at the bar chatting to the chiefs and watching them work. I had whole garlic & chili prawns. Wow, no mistaking the garlic and chili! Punchy and fantastic with sourdough on the side to mop up the delicious juices. Enjoyed a nice glass of Picpoule with it - a perfect accompaniment. Staff are lovely and relaxing. This place has a really happy and buzzy vibe. Can’t recommend enough and good value for the offering.

Date of visit: December 2018
DaphneCQ-CR, Public Relations Manager at Coppinger Row, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Paul,
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for your wonderful review. We really appreciate it - I have passed your feedback onto our chefs and staff! We looking forward to welcoming you back in the New Year!
Kindest regards,
Daphne

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was here for Christmas Lunch last week with a large group of friends. Couldn’t recommend the place more. Food and wine were excellent, but what really makes the place is the atmosphere and the attentive and patient staff. We had a great afternoon! Thanks guys.

Date of visit: December 2018
DaphneCQ-CR, Guest Relations Manager at Coppinger Row, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Morgan,

Thank you for your wonderful review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us! I have passed your kind words onto the Coppinger Team. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Kindest regards,
Daphne

Reviewed 5 December 2018 via mobile

Work mates' celebratory send off lunch for a departing colleague yesterday. Delicious sea trout starter and hake main. Prawns were whopper. Meatballs unbelievably tasty. Top class wine list. The best espresso martinis in the City. The highlight of our lunch was the attentive service from our lovely waiter Irina. Couldn't have looked after us better. Perfect service.

1  Thank Paula C
DaphneCQ-CR, Public Relations Manager at Coppinger Row, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2018

Hi Paula,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we really appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us and will be sure to pass your compliments onto our lovely Irina :) We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a lovely week! Kindest regards, Daphne

Reviewed 19 November 2018 via mobile

I came here with three friends on a Friday evening. I did try to book in advance but they only take booking for 10 and all other customers are just walk ins. We went for a drink in Grogan's and I rang when we were just finishing drinks. I spoke to Irene and she said she had a table for us if we got down to her in 15 minutes that was fair enough and we really wanted to dine there, so we were down with Irene in 10 minutes!

I got the spiced lamb and so did my friend. My lamb was a bit of a mercenary portion as my friend said she had loads of lamb, not really glass half full/half empty it was fact. The sheeps cheese was lovely and really added to the dish.

My other friend ordered from the black board, salted cod and beetroot. The fish was lovely in a nice light batter.

My veggie friend got the gnocchi, I have to say I think the gnocchi was the best starter out of the three and you can order this as a main. I had food envy for this dish it was very rich and creamy.

Then for mains two of my friends got the pork belly it was cooked perfectly crispy crackling and tender pork melting in your mouth. Both ladies said way too much black pudding on the dish but other that that no other complaints.

Myself and veggie friend had the Seabass with prawns, basil mash, samphire & bisque. The fish was cooked perfect crispy skin, good size portion and the fish was splendid. There was three juice prawns in the bisque. My friend had asked for mash without basil and the waitress said no problem. I felt a bit robbed as my mash seemed to just disappear into the bisque. If I get this dish again I would get the mash on the side.

We didn't get dessert as we had really enjoyed our dinner. I was drinking Peroni but they don't serve pints, just glasses. I do have to say this is a money making thing, why not have pint glasses? Two of my friends got a bottle of white wine and my other friend got two glasses of red. The wines all complemented the dishes.

I would definitely be impressed if I was brought here on a date.

For a family occasion this could be ideal. I would recommend you to book well in advance. I didn't see a highchair but I'm sure they have one!

They have an early bird menu and lunch menu if you are on a budget.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Jambacy
DaphneCQ-CR, Public Relations Manager at Coppinger Row, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Irina was delighted to hear your praises! We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit. Have a lovely week! Kindest regards, Daphne.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

Large group ate here during the week - very busy for a midweek evening tells a lot about a restaurants name.
We all had a set menu - I had bruschetta and it was the best I have had. I then had Rib-eye for my main, this was a let down. It was cooked to temperature although the cut of meat was very fatty, even for a rib-eye. The accompiant of leaves and horseradish didn't suit my taste. Chips were nice. Brownie was the nicest I have ever had. Good wine and beer selection. Wait staff were attentive and professional.
Prices were OK, slightly on the expensive side of things. Table room was small with a slight claustrophobic theme although it created a warm atmosphere.
Would eat here again.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank GFall88
DaphneCQ-CR, Public Relations Manager at Coppinger Row, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We greatly appreciate customer feedback.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.