“Great lunch, perfect service from Irina”
Review of Coppinger Row

Coppinger Row
Ranked #423 of 2,931 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Work mates' celebratory send off lunch for a departing colleague yesterday. Delicious sea trout starter and hake main. Prawns were whopper. Meatballs unbelievably tasty. Top class wine list. The best espresso martinis in the City. The highlight of our lunch was the attentive service from our lovely waiter Irina. Couldn't have looked after us better. Perfect service.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Paula C
DaphneCQ-CR, Public Relations Manager at Coppinger Row, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Hi Paula,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we really appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us and will be sure to pass your compliments onto our lovely Irina :) We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a lovely week! Kindest regards, Daphne

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I came here with three friends on a Friday evening. I did try to book in advance but they only take booking for 10 and all other customers are just walk ins. We went for a drink in Grogan's and I rang when we were just finishing drinks. I spoke to Irene and she said she had a table for us if we got down to her in 15 minutes that was fair enough and we really wanted to dine there, so we were down with Irene in 10 minutes!

I got the spiced lamb and so did my friend. My lamb was a bit of a mercenary portion as my friend said she had loads of lamb, not really glass half full/half empty it was fact. The sheeps cheese was lovely and really added to the dish.

My other friend ordered from the black board, salted cod and beetroot. The fish was lovely in a nice light batter.

My veggie friend got the gnocchi, I have to say I think the gnocchi was the best starter out of the three and you can order this as a main. I had food envy for this dish it was very rich and creamy.

Then for mains two of my friends got the pork belly it was cooked perfectly crispy crackling and tender pork melting in your mouth. Both ladies said way too much black pudding on the dish but other that that no other complaints.

Myself and veggie friend had the Seabass with prawns, basil mash, samphire & bisque. The fish was cooked perfect crispy skin, good size portion and the fish was splendid. There was three juice prawns in the bisque. My friend had asked for mash without basil and the waitress said no problem. I felt a bit robbed as my mash seemed to just disappear into the bisque. If I get this dish again I would get the mash on the side.

We didn't get dessert as we had really enjoyed our dinner. I was drinking Peroni but they don't serve pints, just glasses. I do have to say this is a money making thing, why not have pint glasses? Two of my friends got a bottle of white wine and my other friend got two glasses of red. The wines all complemented the dishes.

I would definitely be impressed if I was brought here on a date.

For a family occasion this could be ideal. I would recommend you to book well in advance. I didn't see a highchair but I'm sure they have one!

They have an early bird menu and lunch menu if you are on a budget.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Jambacy
DaphneCQ-CR, Public Relations Manager at Coppinger Row, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Irina was delighted to hear your praises! We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit. Have a lovely week! Kindest regards, Daphne.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

Large group ate here during the week - very busy for a midweek evening tells a lot about a restaurants name.
We all had a set menu - I had bruschetta and it was the best I have had. I then had Rib-eye for my main, this was a let down. It was cooked to temperature although the cut of meat was very fatty, even for a rib-eye. The accompiant of leaves and horseradish didn't suit my taste. Chips were nice. Brownie was the nicest I have ever had. Good wine and beer selection. Wait staff were attentive and professional.
Prices were OK, slightly on the expensive side of things. Table room was small with a slight claustrophobic theme although it created a warm atmosphere.
Would eat here again.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank GFall88
DaphneCQ-CR, Public Relations Manager at Coppinger Row, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We greatly appreciate customer feedback.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurants food is second to none! The staff are so friendly and make this place extra special. I love the lively atmosphere and the music is great. There are very few restaurants in town that tick all the boxes but this one definitely does!

Date of visit: October 2018
Daphne W, Public Relations Manager at Coppinger Row, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hi Claudine, Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We're so glad to hear you enjoy coming to Coppinger Row and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Have a fantastic week and thanks again!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

After reading the good reviews for this restaurant, I booked a table for 6 for a friends night out. We wanted a restaurant which was fun with a buzzy atmosphere and good food. This seemed to fit the bill.
We were shown to a nice round table (all good - I had requested a round table if possible).
The food was good and the restaurant staff were friendly BUT everything was utterly ruined by the fact that the music was blaring so loudly, we had to literally SHOUT at each other to be heard!!
We asked politely if they could possibly turn the music down a bit and the staff said they would try -but didn’t. It was such a shame. We all felt like we were eating in a nightclub. I was embarrassed that I’d booked it. I’ve never given a negative review of any restaurant before but I’m afraid I feel so strongly about this one. We were all looking forward to a night out together and ended up cross and disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018