“Wonderfully delightful choice for dinner!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chophouse Gastro Pub

The Chophouse Gastro Pub
Ranked #39 of 2,528 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Gastropub, Steakhouse, Irish, Bar, British, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dining Options: Lunch, Dinner , Private Dining, Reservations Please see our website
Grays Chapel, NC, USA
“Wonderfully delightful choice for dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived in Dublin late and went to the Chophouse for a late dinner because it was convenient to our hotel. The menu and choices were plentiful and the taste was excellent. We had steak, salmon, fish and chips and the Ravioli Truffles. Everything we has was sumptuous. And the Chophouse was the best restaurant we dined at in Dublin and it was an unexpected delight!!!

Visited March 2017

• Polish first
Northern Ireland
“Meat Glorious Meat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Walking past this place and chanced our arm in getting a table for two, luckily the staff found a table for us. We ordered a platter of sea food starters, which I could eat over and over again, each morsel was full of flavour and different from the others. the Argentinian waitress showed us a board of actual different cuts of meats, which was great and suggested a robust (Argentinian, she was biased of course!) red wine with our steaks. Had a great meal, couldn't finish the chips that were served with is, as the steak was a 12oz. I would definitely be back and maybe book a table this time to avoid a potential disappointment!

• Visited January 2017
Dublin
“High end Hampton's surf+turf dining in Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Love this place. Appealing casual (but really well fitted out) Hampton's style (light and airy) dining in Dublin. Excellent steaks and great fish board (the fish board as starter or main course is an outstanding dish - it really is). Expensive (like the Hampton's, and most Dublin dining), but worth it.

My only criticism is that the wooden boards for the steaks are just too small (and while I am sure perfectly hygienic, don't feel like it). I would get something else (the fish board stone plates are very cool).

Great place and nothing else really like it in Dublin.

• Visited March 2017
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A T
Wexford
“Superb!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

An absolutely superb dining experience. I'm not sure I have enough superlatives for our meal. Brilliant friendly staff....warm atmosphere and then there's the food. We were all blown away by how good it was. Already booked a return visit

Visited March 2017
Dublin
“Truly Amazing Culinary Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited this restaurant on Sunday, we didn't have a booking but thankfully they were able to facilitate us. And I'm glad they did! Staff were extremely friendly and professional from the moment we arrived. The manager Joe was dealing with us, a Donegal native, it took me a few minutes to get his accent!! We decided not to have a starter and go straight to mains. I ordered the Fish Board and my partner ordered the Seabass. While we were waiting the waitress arrived with some fresh bread, I have to say the Brown Bread was delicious. It took all my willpower not to have another piece!

On to mains, my Fish Board was perfect, great selection of fish, all fresh and perfectly cooked, the smoked salmon that was melt in your mouth. My partner had the Seabass, once again perfectly cooked.

We were not drinking that night but had a quick look at the wine list. There was a great selection and reasonably priced.

I cannot recommend this place enough. 10/10.

• Visited March 2017