“Meat Glorious Meat!”

The Chophouse Gastro Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chophouse Gastro Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dining Options: Lunch, Dinner , Private Dining, Reservations Please see our website
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Walking past this place and chanced our arm in getting a table for two, luckily the staff found a table for us. We ordered a platter of sea food starters, which I could eat over and over again, each morsel was full of flavour and different from the others. the Argentinian waitress showed us a board of actual different cuts of meats, which was great and suggested a robust (Argentinian, she was biased of course!) red wine with our steaks. Had a great meal, couldn't finish the chips that were served with is, as the steak was a 12oz. I would definitely be back and maybe book a table this time to avoid a potential disappointment!

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Love this place. Appealing casual (but really well fitted out) Hampton's style (light and airy) dining in Dublin. Excellent steaks and great fish board (the fish board as starter or main course is an outstanding dish - it really is). Expensive (like the Hampton's, and most Dublin dining), but worth it.

My only criticism is that the wooden boards for the steaks are just too small (and while I am sure perfectly hygienic, don't feel like it). I would get something else (the fish board stone plates are very cool).

Great place and nothing else really like it in Dublin.

1  Thank A T
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

An absolutely superb dining experience. I'm not sure I have enough superlatives for our meal. Brilliant friendly staff....warm atmosphere and then there's the food. We were all blown away by how good it was. Already booked a return visit

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Visited this restaurant on Sunday, we didn't have a booking but thankfully they were able to facilitate us. And I'm glad they did! Staff were extremely friendly and professional from the moment we arrived. The manager Joe was dealing with us, a Donegal native, it took me a few minutes to get his accent!! We decided not to have a starter and go straight to mains. I ordered the Fish Board and my partner ordered the Seabass. While we were waiting the waitress arrived with some fresh bread, I have to say the Brown Bread was delicious. It took all my willpower not to have another piece!

On to mains, my Fish Board was perfect, great selection of fish, all fresh and perfectly cooked, the smoked salmon that was melt in your mouth. My partner had the Seabass, once again perfectly cooked.

We were not drinking that night but had a quick look at the wine list. There was a great selection and reasonably priced.

I cannot recommend this place enough. 10/10.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I visited early on a Monday evening and it became quite busy while I was there. The atmosphere was warm and the staff kept a nice buzz about the place. There is a full bar and decent wine list.
The meat is the star of the show here and my steak was perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. There was a few tasty sounding specials on the board so if it's fish or meat you are into, you won't go wrong here.
Located in an affluent part of Dublin you can expect the prices to be a bit.... saucy.