“Superb!!!!”

The Chophouse Gastro Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chophouse Gastro Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,702 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dining Options: Lunch, Dinner , Private Dining, Reservations Please see our website
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

An absolutely superb dining experience. I'm not sure I have enough superlatives for our meal. Brilliant friendly staff....warm atmosphere and then there's the food. We were all blown away by how good it was. Already booked a return visit

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Visited this restaurant on Sunday, we didn't have a booking but thankfully they were able to facilitate us. And I'm glad they did! Staff were extremely friendly and professional from the moment we arrived. The manager Joe was dealing with us, a Donegal native, it took me a few minutes to get his accent!! We decided not to have a starter and go straight to mains. I ordered the Fish Board and my partner ordered the Seabass. While we were waiting the waitress arrived with some fresh bread, I have to say the Brown Bread was delicious. It took all my willpower not to have another piece!

On to mains, my Fish Board was perfect, great selection of fish, all fresh and perfectly cooked, the smoked salmon that was melt in your mouth. My partner had the Seabass, once again perfectly cooked.

We were not drinking that night but had a quick look at the wine list. There was a great selection and reasonably priced.

I cannot recommend this place enough. 10/10.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I visited early on a Monday evening and it became quite busy while I was there. The atmosphere was warm and the staff kept a nice buzz about the place. There is a full bar and decent wine list.
The meat is the star of the show here and my steak was perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. There was a few tasty sounding specials on the board so if it's fish or meat you are into, you won't go wrong here.
Located in an affluent part of Dublin you can expect the prices to be a bit.... saucy.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Great meat restaurant- you can choose your meat before it's cooked for you but don't bring vegetarian friends

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Had a tasty dinner here, friendly environment and served promptly but the food turned up on a piece of wood....not sure about this - how clean is a lump of wood?