“Delicious steak at the usual inflated Dublin prices”

The Chophouse Gastro Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chophouse Gastro Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dining Options: Lunch, Dinner , Private Dining, Reservations Please see our website
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I visited early on a Monday evening and it became quite busy while I was there. The atmosphere was warm and the staff kept a nice buzz about the place. There is a full bar and decent wine list.
The meat is the star of the show here and my steak was perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. There was a few tasty sounding specials on the board so if it's fish or meat you are into, you won't go wrong here.
Located in an affluent part of Dublin you can expect the prices to be a bit.... saucy.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Great meat restaurant- you can choose your meat before it's cooked for you but don't bring vegetarian friends

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Had a tasty dinner here, friendly environment and served promptly but the food turned up on a piece of wood....not sure about this - how clean is a lump of wood?

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

The usual excellent food / service was had yesterday evening in my favourite eatery in Dublin. Always pleasant staff , most notably Joe ( manager) We shall keep returning !!!

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

It was on my list of places to try while visiting. I walked here in a Sunday night. Note they that are only open until 8pm on Sundays. It was pretty full and they only had one space left for a party of which I gladly took. The bartender came over and explained things to me. I asked for a cocktail and trusted his judgement after I told him I prefer brown liquor. I believe I got some version of an old fashioned. I went with the baked oyster special a type of oysters Rockefeller. It wasn't all that hot when it came out and was 3 oysters and just ok. He recommended the ribeye so I went with that. It came with fries and green beans. The steak was cooked a nice medium rare. It was a good steak. Maybe I was hoping for something more unique and special from a gastro pub than steak frites but it was good. I'd recommend this place and would go again. I was staying at the Hilton on Charlemont so it was a bit of walk and isn't in a big restaurant/pub area.