“Delicious steak at the usual inflated Dublin prices” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chophouse Gastro Pub

The Chophouse Gastro Pub
Ranked #39 of 2,527 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Gastropub, Steakhouse, Irish, Bar, British, European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dining Options: Lunch, Dinner , Private Dining, Reservations Please see our website
“Delicious steak at the usual inflated Dublin prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited early on a Monday evening and it became quite busy while I was there. The atmosphere was warm and the staff kept a nice buzz about the place. There is a full bar and decent wine list.
The meat is the star of the show here and my steak was perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. There was a few tasty sounding specials on the board so if it's fish or meat you are into, you won't go wrong here.
Located in an affluent part of Dublin you can expect the prices to be a bit.... saucy.

Visited March 2017

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great meat restaurant- you can choose your meat before it's cooked for you but don't bring vegetarian friends

Visited April 2016
Paris
“What, no plates?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a tasty dinner here, friendly environment and served promptly but the food turned up on a piece of wood....not sure about this - how clean is a lump of wood?

• Visited February 2017
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best food in dublin bar none”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The usual excellent food / service was had yesterday evening in my favourite eatery in Dublin. Always pleasant staff , most notably Joe ( manager) We shall keep returning !!!

Visited February 2017
Gurnee, Illinois
“Good food, great service and atomosphere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was on my list of places to try while visiting. I walked here in a Sunday night. Note they that are only open until 8pm on Sundays. It was pretty full and they only had one space left for a party of which I gladly took. The bartender came over and explained things to me. I asked for a cocktail and trusted his judgement after I told him I prefer brown liquor. I believe I got some version of an old fashioned. I went with the baked oyster special a type of oysters Rockefeller. It wasn't all that hot when it came out and was 3 oysters and just ok. He recommended the ribeye so I went with that. It came with fries and green beans. The steak was cooked a nice medium rare. It was a good steak. Maybe I was hoping for something more unique and special from a gastro pub than steak frites but it was good. I'd recommend this place and would go again. I was staying at the Hilton on Charlemont so it was a bit of walk and isn't in a big restaurant/pub area.

Visited February 2017