“What, no plates?”

The Chophouse Gastro Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chophouse Gastro Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,702 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dining Options: Lunch, Dinner , Private Dining, Reservations Please see our website
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Had a tasty dinner here, friendly environment and served promptly but the food turned up on a piece of wood....not sure about this - how clean is a lump of wood?

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

The usual excellent food / service was had yesterday evening in my favourite eatery in Dublin. Always pleasant staff , most notably Joe ( manager) We shall keep returning !!!

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

It was on my list of places to try while visiting. I walked here in a Sunday night. Note they that are only open until 8pm on Sundays. It was pretty full and they only had one space left for a party of which I gladly took. The bartender came over and explained things to me. I asked for a cocktail and trusted his judgement after I told him I prefer brown liquor. I believe I got some version of an old fashioned. I went with the baked oyster special a type of oysters Rockefeller. It wasn't all that hot when it came out and was 3 oysters and just ok. He recommended the ribeye so I went with that. It came with fries and green beans. The steak was cooked a nice medium rare. It was a good steak. Maybe I was hoping for something more unique and special from a gastro pub than steak frites but it was good. I'd recommend this place and would go again. I was staying at the Hilton on Charlemont so it was a bit of walk and isn't in a big restaurant/pub area.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

This was the most delicious food our of trip. Shared the chicken & foie gras pate with a fruit compote. So creamy and piquant. Mmmm. THen I had their burger - the BEST I have had in ages! Thick, juicy, seared on outside, well seasoned on a brioche bun. My husband loved their steak. We shared the apple cake with ice cream - very nice. Had nice service and the menu looks innovative even though we chose standard options. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Have just left the Chophouse having had one of the most wonderful lunches ever.
Joe and the team were welcoming and helpful .
The food was wonderful.
Starters squid for me and prawns for dave
I had the nicest piece of cod to follow.
The last time I had such a fresh piece of fish was in Fishy Fishy in Kinsale.
Dave had a pork chop and we shared a baked apple cake.
Coffee was proper freshly brewed with a nice bite.
Loos gleaming.
All in all a wonderful treat.