“What, no plates?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chophouse Gastro Pub

The Chophouse Gastro Pub
Ranked #37 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Gastropub, Steakhouse, Irish, Bar, British, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dining Options: Lunch, Dinner , Private Dining, Reservations Please see our website
Paris
“What, no plates?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a tasty dinner here, friendly environment and served promptly but the food turned up on a piece of wood....not sure about this - how clean is a lump of wood?

• Visited February 2017
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
“Best food in dublin bar none”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The usual excellent food / service was had yesterday evening in my favourite eatery in Dublin. Always pleasant staff , most notably Joe ( manager) We shall keep returning !!!

Gurnee, Illinois
“Good food, great service and atomosphere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was on my list of places to try while visiting. I walked here in a Sunday night. Note they that are only open until 8pm on Sundays. It was pretty full and they only had one space left for a party of which I gladly took. The bartender came over and explained things to me. I asked for a cocktail and trusted his judgement after I told him I prefer brown liquor. I believe I got some version of an old fashioned. I went with the baked oyster special a type of oysters Rockefeller. It wasn't all that hot when it came out and was 3 oysters and just ok. He recommended the ribeye so I went with that. It came with fries and green beans. The steak was cooked a nice medium rare. It was a good steak. Maybe I was hoping for something more unique and special from a gastro pub than steak frites but it was good. I'd recommend this place and would go again. I was staying at the Hilton on Charlemont so it was a bit of walk and isn't in a big restaurant/pub area.

CHicago, IL
“Great Flavor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was the most delicious food our of trip. Shared the chicken & foie gras pate with a fruit compote. So creamy and piquant. Mmmm. THen I had their burger - the BEST I have had in ages! Thick, juicy, seared on outside, well seasoned on a brioche bun. My husband loved their steak. We shared the apple cake with ice cream - very nice. Had nice service and the menu looks innovative even though we chose standard options. Highly recommend.

“Little treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have just left the Chophouse having had one of the most wonderful lunches ever.
Joe and the team were welcoming and helpful .
The food was wonderful.
Starters squid for me and prawns for dave
I had the nicest piece of cod to follow.
The last time I had such a fresh piece of fish was in Fishy Fishy in Kinsale.
Dave had a pork chop and we shared a baked apple cake.
Coffee was proper freshly brewed with a nice bite.
Loos gleaming.
All in all a wonderful treat.