“Imaginosity - Every city should have one”
Review of Imaginosity

Imaginosity
Ranked #113 of 514 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Booking is essential
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went with my daughters 6 and 8 and my nieces, 3 and 6. They had a great time.Two hours were too short and we were the last out.
The museum is separated in sections, like restaurant, supermarket, library, supermarket, theater or tv set. In each section kids have plenty of things to play by themselves. It´s kind of boring for parents (like parks) but children enjoy it a lot. Of course there are a couple of things to improve, like the cleaning of the tube between floors (the pants were really dirty after going through).
On the roof they open the Fairy´s garden which is really nice but for younger kids.
I wouldn´t complain about the price, 8€ per kid and adult, if the visiting time was more extensive (right now it´s only 2 hours). Still so, I think every city should have one.

The membership card is a good option if you live near by.

3  Thank LOURDES T
"book in advance"
in 4 reviews
"central dublin"

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My boys age 3 & 5 had a great time at imaginosity, 2 hours is long enough & free parking great. Located in lovely area. Nice roof top garden feature. Good value with kelloggs vouchers so adults got in for free! Would return again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My boys sam 4 jamie 2 enjoyed imaginosity. Plenty on running around and play time. There was a party there at the same time but in a way was glad..as without the party it would have been empty.
We stopped at the cafe for some beverages. .but felt the staff member should be a bit more friendly. ..it was very cold emotionless service, pricy too.
But in general nice and memorable experience.
Thank you.

1  Thank Margit O
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Took our 2.5 year old daughter here this week. She really enjoyed it. As a parent I think the pricing is harsh given adults only go in to supervise and help their children (and watch the fun!). I think one adult should be admitted with each child for a nominal fee. We did have the Kellogg's voucher admitting one adult free but I was informed as my daughter was 2 and entitled to a concession I would have to pay full price for her. If was was just the two of us I could accept that but my husband came too paying full price and our voucher clearly stated that one adult went free with a full paying adult or child. I pointed this out but was met with a blank stare and they'd look into it. I doubt they did. I suppose we started with a bad taste and from there I found it very regimented. Roof garden was meant to open for last 30 mins of session but only opened for 20 and my very disappointed daughter was refused admission 10 mins before it should've closed.

2 hours was plenty. As I said my daughter did love it and we did have a fun 2 hours with her there but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to return. There's much better value for money elsewhere for families

Lauren O, Guest Relations Manager at Imaginosity, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi Mags

Many thanks for your review, I am glad that your daughter had fun at Imaginosity but regret that the experience was not entirely positive. To explain the reasoning behind the adult charge; The museum was designed and built on the American model of Children’s Museums which states that you are your child’s first and most important teacher and play partner. Play is the important work of childhood and with this in mind parents, grandparents and carers are encouraged to join in and play, to watch your child explore and experiment, engage and learn. For this reason all children’s museums charge a fee for all adults entering, as they are encouraged to be as involved as the children.

The other reasoning behind adults paying, is due to the fact that we have a 160 person capacity limit within our building set down by the fire authority. We have occasions where one toddler may be accompanied by up to 5 adults, all of whom would be taking the places of children if it were a busy time.

The final reason for the adult charge, but perhaps most importantly, Imaginosity is a not for profit registered charity, using all entry fees for the upkeep of the building and the development of the interactivity of the building, and also donating on an annual basis to other children's charities such as Barnardos, The Jack and Jill Foundation, Crumlin Children's Hospital and Enable Ireland.

With regards to the Kelloggs voucher, the front of house staff member did forward your query to the customer service team and we confirmed that yes, you can use the voucher with a full paying adult OR a child. I apologise that we had not briefed all the front of house staff adequately, please be assured that they are all now aware of the terms and conditions of the voucher.

The roof garden would generally close about 5 minutes before the session ends, allowing parents the chance to gather the children together and down to reception in time for the next session to start. You should not have been refused entry at 10 minutes to the session ending, I will ask the staff manager to address this with all the staff. It may have been that they felt 5 minutes was a disappointingly short time but I'm sure your child would have been happy to see the roof garden for a few minutes rather than not at all!

Again, thank you for your review, we appreciate all customer feedback in our endeavour to provide fantastic family experiences for all our visitors.

Kind regards