“Great half day trip!”

Ranked #10 of 238 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gray Line Dublin operates a range of day tours out of Dublin! We visit Newgrange tomb, Wicklow Mountains, Malahide Castle, Howth and many more!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This trip was great. It was perfect for a half day trip that allowed for us to still have time doing other things throughout the day. The guide, Dominic, was very entertaining and helpful throughout the day. The castle was pretty neat and the gardens are gorgeous and very well maintained. It was misty and foggy on the day we went to Malahide and Howth but it was still a great view! Definitely worth the price!

There are newer reviews for Gray Line Dublin

Reviewed 20 May 2014

After I'd recently done a day tour with another Dublin-based tour company and wasn't entirely satisfied, I thought I'd give these guys a shot - and I'm extremely glad I did!

I've no complaints really, expect for MAYBE the (rather late) lunch break - they take you to that one pub (Fitzgerald's) near Avoca for lunch with nothing much around the area so you can only really stay there. I guess I just like to be able to pick where to eat myself (I'm not the biggest fan of pub food) and my friend and I brought packed lunches so we just ate some cake at the pub and then just had a look around the area. That's just an EXTREMELY small and fussy black mark though - especially since it's at least a rather famous pub (they filmed the TV series 'Ballykissangel' there!) and in all fairness I reckon there are just not that many other options for lunch around in the mountains :) so it's all good!

That being said, let me just add that the tour in general was FANTASTIC. We saw so many wonderful places, did several photo stops and got enough time to explore everything. We were running late in the end so we didn't have as much time in the Avoca village as originally planned but even there I didn't feel awfully rushed. The driver/guide we had, Joe, is a GREAT guy, funny, friendly, approachable and he never got tired of providing us with very valuable information, not only about the area and the different sights, but also about Ireland and the Irish people in general. He made sure everyone had a great time, he offered to take photos of people and ever so often he would approach different participants, talk to them in private, ask about their time in Ireland and give them additional information on how to make the most of their stay! A great guide!

It was a very varied tour, with lots of different sights and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone interested in exploring the Wicklow Mountains! Thumbs up!

(*Alright Joe, I just gave y'all a positive review on here, so we're friends for life now, right? :)*)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were spending four days in Dublin, so we decided to spend one day outside the city. There are many options to go to Glendalough, but this tour was recommended to us, so we took it on Sunday the 18th of May. And we are so glad we did! We had a wonderful day from the beginning to the end. Joe was a wonderful guide (and a skilled driver, which is also important!), and through him we learned a lot about Ireland's history, culture and even the language, Gaelic. He was entertaining, funny and insightful, and we were never bored during the 9 hours we spent on the tour. The landscape was amazing, Glendalough was magic and the Avoca mill was very cute. We definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you have any interest in the neolithic history of Ireland, or even an appreciation for beautiful landscapes, the Hill of Tara and Newgrange tour is the one for you! Our tour guide Harry (with the hat) was an absolute pleasure. He was perfectly knowledgeable, friendly, approachable and funny. He had a way of putting the history behind the Hill of Tara into perspective, making you realize just how old and significant the site you were standing on was and still is. There was not one question he could not answer, and nobody left that tour unsatisfied. The guides at Newgrange were just as good, friendly, knowledgeable. Standing inside that tomb was something magical. You really felt a connection with the stone aged people who lived and worshiped there 4,500 years ago. a 10 out of 10, an absolute must!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My mother and I went on the Wicklow Mountain tour and it was absolutely breath taking. The scenery was gorgeous, the weather was fabulous, and our tour guide Richie was fantastic. His knowledge about the local history really added to the trip, making it so much more interesting. Another huge bonus was how accessible everything was to people with disabilities. My mother has a very bad back, the sciatic nerve being affected by a bulging disk making it very hard for her to navigate rough terrain and to do uphill walks. She was able to view the lower lake and the Glendalough monastery with relative ease and not too much pain. It was a solid 10 out of 10 and I would recommend that anybody I know take this tour.