“Lovely trip!”

Ranked #13 of 112 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gray Line Dublin operates a range of day tours out of Dublin! We visit Newgrange tomb, Wicklow Mountains, Malahide Castle, Howth and many more!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We took this tour in mid-March 2014. Two adults, one teenager, and one preteen. Absolutely loved it. Our driver, Richie, was incredibly knowledgeable, attentive to everyone's needs, unfailingly polite and pleasant, and ever so funny. We were educated, inspired, entertained, and ultimately exhausted after this day outing. Beautiful weather, charming scenery, and great stories to go along with it all. Thank you, Richie. You're the BEST! We are independent travelers who usually shun tours but this one was top notch.

1  Thank Izbrand
Write a ReviewReviews (2,398)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"the pub"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The tour was great. It starts at 9am in Dublin at the city center and ends at about 5:30pm at the same place. Ok. We have had best weather and so the green hills and blue sky makes it perfect. Even Michael Ryan, our driver and guide made this tour to an very good experience! I can recommend it, specially with good weather conditions!

1  Thank Rakall
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Did this tour yesterday and although being from Dublin I had been to all the locations we stopped at already, the tour was well worth it. Our tour guide, Trevor, was excellent.

He was so knowledgeable on the history of every little town and village we passed through and had great little anecdotes to tell. Not only that, but he told them all with a great dry humour.

Our driver was great too, Jim I think his name was. It was his maiden voyage on this route and he managed to navigate some pretty difficult terrain perfectly.

Unfortunately we had a rainy, grey day, but even then it didn't matter too much.

I only give 4 stars instead of 5 because I would have preferred to stop for food in another town...but that's just a personal thing.

1  Thank danielleryanj
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a fun-filled day with lovely weather. The route was well thought out, stops and attractions were all great. Interesting little bits of trivia and information was imparted by Joe Murphy, who was a singer, stand-up (more like sitting down and driving) comedian, professor and photographer rolled into one. Hats off to you and the company. It was really great! :-)

Maraming salamat! (Thank you very much! In Filipino) :-)

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I strongly recommend this tour. The tour is well organized. We went to the hill of Tara, Newgrange, and other two popping off points including Howth for 20 minutes; each stop has plenty of time to walk around the area. It is satisfying but easy-going tour; so I suppose it is not hard in the least for erderly people to join the tour. With Guide (driver) 's eloquent commentary, we could fully enjoy the tour. Both while observing the actual monuments and on the bus, the guide provided us with (pre-)historical knowledge. I did not have any knowledge of them before the tour, but now I can tell you what they are!! I'm Japanese and there were some other non-native English speakers; our driver ( he porformed tour guide at the same time) slowed down the pace of his speech for us; his voice was clear and enough loud to catch. Indeed our driver was really helpful; he answered all our questions with kindness and politeness. It was a nice experience! Next time, I will join this tour again with my family.