“Wonderful”

Ranked #14 of 122 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: OUR VISION At Gray Line Dublin, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives through meaningful sightseeing experiences, everywhere. OUR VALUES We Care We care about making the world a better place, one tour at a time. We Are a Family We’ve built a community of people dedicated to the art of sightseeing, welcoming guests to our hometowns and sharing our stories. We Are Sightseeing We continue to enhance sightseeing experiences every day to maintain our position as the leader. We Make Sights Memorable Our high standards and constant improvement provide the coolest, best, easiest way to see Ireland’s most iconic sights and attractions. We Love Tourists We help people collect experiences, not just another stamp in their passports. We are dedicated to helping them embrace their inner-tourist.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Had a wonderful time. Enjoyed the views and narrative given during the drive. After the I realise there is way more to be seen in this wonderful country than my week of vacation will allow. The diver was Noel and the tour guide was Gillian. They both were knowledgable, friendly and professional. Thank you guys for the experience.

Date of experience: October 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)
All reviews
in 38 reviews
"interesting facts"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We went only for three days in Dublin but we do not regret one minute to have spent one day on this trip.

Certainly not as wild as we imagine West of Ireland has to be, it was a great trip to do not far away from Dublin. Our driver (So sorry I am not sure to have unterstood his name, I think it was Nole), and our guide, Jillian (I hope her name is spelled like that), were fabulous. He drove us in tiny road around the mountains as softly as he did in bigger roads. She was very patient with us and spoke clearly and slowly so we all could understand, including us french people. We loved her stories about movies shot there, irish History, Halloween or irish faeries... (We were so glad to find her again in a coach two days later when we were sighseeing Dublin...).

Our only negative involved our first stop. We thought it was way too civilized and not as beautiful as other places we went through.
Wicklow Gap was Gorgeous and a few minutes photos stop was perfect.
Glendalough was our favorite, and with time for us there, we were able to walk to the lakes. The road was easy and the sight wonderful. We were so lucky with the weather but we think it must be beautiful even if it's rainy.
Avoca is a small village with endearing cottages and the oldest weaving mill. We enjoyed people's warm and friendly hospitality. (And their scones are the best I've ever had !)

So a great trip indeed, and thanks again to Jillian for everything (her advices on what to do in Dublin at the end of the trip were really appreciated)

Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Completely loved this tour and it made me fall in love with Ireland. The country side and the overall charm of the island is unmatched and I well definitely be coming back. Our tour guide, Trevor, was absolutely hilarious and highly knowledgeable in everything that we saw. Every five minutes I was laughing and the entire trip was well worth it. The small towns, the history, the wool, and even the tidbits about the movies (though only slightly heavy on PS I love you) were exquisite. I will gladly tell my friends to go on this tour whenever they are in Dublin. Fantastic and amazing.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We went to this 1-day guided tour with my wife. We were lucky, having nice sunny weather, which is not so common in Ireland. Our tour guide was very nice, told us many fact regarding history, nature and visited places. We appreciate very good organisation of the trip, everything went very smooth. Our tour offered us many beautiful nature views, landscapes in amazing colors...don't forget to bring your camera and certainly visit the upper lake. Take a warm clothes, because it is chilly in sunny weather as well. In our opinion this trip was better than trip to Cliffs of Moher - it provides more various scenery views, little more hiking and visited places are not so overcrowded by tourists.