“one of the best experiences of Ireland”
Review of Gray Line Dublin

Ranked #10 of 237 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gray Line Dublin operates a range of day tours out of Dublin! We visit Newgrange tomb, Wicklow Mountains, Malahide Castle, Howth and many more!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I am not usually a person who sends in comments but I really had to write one. I spent a week in Dublin and went on a lot of tours around Ireland and in Dublin. This has been the far most best tour there is. Our Driver Joe is a passionate person who will share his knowledge with you. There is not one dull moment on the bus and he will make anyone come out of this tour with a huge smile on their face. Great time, worth every dime if not more. It's a family owned business who really know what leaving an impression means. This is not your typical driver. This is a great guide, who loves his job and shares his love with you.

5  Thank Alice E
There are newer reviews for Gray Line Dublin

Reviewed 13 November 2011

We took other tours when we were in Ireland and by far, this was the best one we took. The cost for the tour was very reasonable and yet, it was the most fun tour we had. The coach itself was very comfortable. Our guide, Dave was hilariously funny and entertaining throughout the whole tour. Even though we visited many places, we didn't feel like as if were rushing about trying to keep into a schedule. In fact, there was ample time to take photos and have lunch etc. If you have to do one tour when in Ireland, do this one. It's really a great value.

3  Thank nyaan
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have just come back from a vacation in Ireland with my daughter. While in Dublin we went on the open top sightseeing tour,and the driver told us about the companies out of town tours to Wicklow. I was amazed that i was able to get 2 days city sightseeing, 1 full day tour to county Wicklow and an airport transfer for about 40 euros each.
The tour started in O'Connell St,we were met by a lovely man (I think his name was Amean)who brought us to the bus and introduced the driver to us. The weather was very bad at the start of the day, but the driver told us not to worry,and that it was possible to have 4 seasons in one day in Ireland,and he was right. as we left the city the sun came out and by the time we stopped at a lovely hotel in Blessingtown it was a beautiful day.I am not able to remember the name of this hotel,but there was a lovely balcony which overlooked the lakes,and i would have happily stayed here for the day. The next part of the journey brought us over the mountains on tiny little country roads. I don't know how our driver Tony ,was able to drive on these roads while telling us stories about the areas which we passed through. He talked about history,farming,sports,culture,bogs,museums. Unfortunately it started to rain when we arrived in the the churchyard of Glendalough,But Tony still brought us on a guided tour of the ancient ruins, where he gave us a great insight into the history of this very old monastary. Despite the rain we were encouraged to go on a short walk around the lakes and i am glad that we did it. The scenary was breathtaking ,and has given my a wish to return to glendalough someday .
From here we went on to Avoca where we had a fantastic lunch and a guided tour of the woolen mills. The sun came out again as we left Avoca and we took the coast road back to Dublin. We arrived back in Dublin at 5.30 and the bus made several stops to let people off. If you are going on this tour, make sure you bring rain gear , and a camera . It would also be a good idea to bring a small snack,as there is a long wait for lunch if you go for a walk in Glendalough.
We had a great day,and i would like to thank everybody involved ,And i promise that i will be back.

2  Thank Patricia F
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I attended the day tour of Wicklow with my sister and we both absolutely loved the tour! Our tour guide Joe was amazing! He told facts about the country in an interesting way and told funny jokes, he also sang to us many times :D I highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to have a fun day and see the beautiful scenery of Ireland.

4  Thank Hille T
Reviewed 3 November 2011

amazing. so many positives you just have to go! take yourself back in time and 'feel' what it was like for the poor prisoners. Also make a stop at Mt Usher gardens for a lovely relaxed bite to eat with some very special craft shops to boot!

2  Thank lozDublin