“Fantastic”
Review of La Maison

La Maison
Reserve with OpenTable
La Maison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 2,864 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$41
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Maison is the latest venture of Breton chef Olivier Quenet. In April 2009 he transformed his French cafe and boulangerie, La Maison des Gourmets, into a simple yet chic restaurant where he aims to continue his dedication to Irish people eating affordable freshly prepared produce.The menu is a well thought out selection of French dishes; huitre (fresh oysters), plateau de pates du jour, poele de la mer, tarte provencal and cote de boeuf to name but a few of the wonderful choices on offer. Upon arrival diners will be welcomed by the Maitre d'hotel,His high expectations ensure that the service is impeccable with sparkling glassware, starched linen napkins yet all the while remaining relaxed and friendly.The authenticity of La Maison begins with the artwork, works by Leonetto Cappiello, L'oir Dor, and Diable Vent, all sourced from the Paris at Puces market.
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Fantastic French restaurant in Dublin. We have been there a few times and have never been disappointed. Food is always excellent - especially the fish dishes. They serve really good chocolate at the end of the meal. Great selection of French wines too.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

I love this place. I have recommended it to many friends. My husband and I visit this place several times a month. However - I ordered an omelette with mushrooms and cheese which unfortunately also had some surprise ham! As a vegetarian this is horrific. The owner/manager did apologize but didn't seem to really care. I was having a lovely time with my hubby so didn't want to rock the boat. There was no refund or any gesture for this uncomfortable experience. As a vegetarian customer (as all customers) i need to trust the restaurant to serve me what I have requested. The ham was just so random and I cant forgive being served meat. Its a betrayal. What if it was against my religion to eat this. What if i had an allergy. I wont be back. My friend visited yesterday and normally loves the place and she had an awful experience so I wonder if they have a new chef. Disappointing as now need to find a new french restaurant to adore.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We sat at a small white clothed table, decorated with a simple, small candle, and small bouquet; a gracious waitperson greeted us quickly. From beginning to end, this was a lovely experience. We shared the beet salad, served with whipped goat cheese and currents. The duck was perfectly cooked. The coq au vin was started when we ordered. It was prepared in a delicate red wine sauce and served in a steaming crock. The chicken was dished over whipped potatoes and garnished with asparagus.

There are a number of varied starters, as well as 4 or 5 main fish dishes and of course beef.

The wine was lovely. We had the house red (French) and the Cote de Rhone. All of the dishes that we saw were beautifully presented. There are tables outside and in. Customers were dressed both casually and in evening wear. An absolutely wonderful evening.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

we ate here on our last night and it was wonderful. we were going to eat on the terrace but the bar next door was very busy outside with many smokers. We opted for inside. It was very cool inside and we were happy.
I had the ham hock terrine and the mussels to follow. we drank a delicious French sauvignon blanc. we shared a baked alaska- I have never had this dessert before.
I would highly recomend a visit to la Maison. the staff are very friendly and the service is very personable. There is a lovely ambiance here for dinner.
The only negative thing I can say- and its a small thing- is that we had to wait a good while for the bill. However this is a minor quibble.
Well worth a visit.

2  Thank liam013
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

La Maison is one of those pleasant surprises that makes your vacation memorable. It was recommended to us by a local in Dublin and she steered us well.

We started with escargots and thought they just could not better that. The perfect combination of ingredients reminded us of our favorite French restaurant of our youth. Wandering around the world searching for that particular taste, needless to say we never thought we would find it by chance in Dublin.

The bar had been set very high. Chef Oliver Quenet had a challenge. He brought a perfect black sole for my wife and for me a John Dory, both with excellently chosen accompaniments. To close we had a freshly made to order pomme tatin that was well worth the 20 minutes wait.

As we finished the meal the restaurant was full with locals and visitors alike. Chef Oliver and Erika orchestrated the kitchen and dining room staff activity as in the best of the stared restaurants.

This is a must when you visit Dublin. We are glad we have several more days here so we can return.