“I loved this place...tasty...but pricey”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill
Ranked #156 of 2,724 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Following on the success of his London restaurants, Marco is proud to open his first Irish venture, here on Dawson Street. Like the man himself, the new venue is flamboyant, entertaining and full of character. This is a place where diners can enjoy simple yet exquisite cuisine that perfectly embodies what Marco calls Affordable Glamour.
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended by our hotel and I’m glad we went. It’s best to make reservations and if you are smart go during lunch time because you can get two courses for 25 euros. We missed it though. We went later in the evening for dinner. A bit pricey but still worth it. I had the prawns appetizer (not prawns size though they were very little) but omg they were super super good. The appetizer came with a slice of toasted bread. They were 19 euros. The sauce that the prawns were made in was the best sauce I’ve literally ever tasted. For our main course I had the pork chop which was ala carte and it was 23 euros. It did have a little small potato on the side which was very tasty. The pork chop was so tender and the meat was so good. It was very tasty as well as awesome. I ended up putting some of my prawn sauce on my pork chop it was super. My cousin got the beef wellington and it was 36 euros but it came with creamed spinach and a small potato. I ordered creamed spinach for my side with my pork chop. It was super good as well. I would definitely go back to Marco’s and recommend it if visiting. The staff was very kind and cordial.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Treated to a remarkable dining experience last Friday night. Very attentive staff, food was amazing, decor divine.
What had started out as a shocking night elsewhere became a night to remember.

Thank you.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Was visiting Dublin and happened across this place by chance. It was mid-week and not crowded.
Service was friendly and efficient, being there when needed - but not intrusive. A good menu and the food was excellent - both in taste and presentation.
Surprisingly reasonably priced - 70 euro for three courses and two glasses of wine.
Definitely worth a return visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I was thrilled to get a table at the acclaimed chef’s restaurant during a business trip to Dublin. My disappointment stems two fold - quality of food and service received.

I was welcomed and served my starters and drink very attentively. After ordering my main course, I did not see the waiter for the rest of the evening (I ended up spending almost 2 hours at the restaurant after ordering). It is rather unusual for staff in a fine dining establishment, such as this one, not to come back to check on the level of satisfaction with the food that was brought out. I waited for almost 45 minutes before I flagged down another waitress to clear my plate and bring the dessert menu. During this time, patrons on 2 separate tables left due to lack of service received after they were seated. Once again after dessert was served, no one came to ask if the food was as I had expected. I subsequently asked for the bill, only to be told 20 minutes later that the system is down so they will have to write out a bill. After waiting for another 10 minutes I walked into the restaurant to find who I assumed was the manager still busy writing this out. He promised that I would receive this actual bill by email later this evening, which I am yet to receive.

On top of this, I believe that the quality of food was not up to scratch. I asked for the vegetarian risotto as shown on the website, and was told that they’re can change their minds as they please so I was forced to order the sourdough bread with mushrooms and a poached egg. This by far is a breakfast option, and definitely not dinner!

Disappointing experience overall!

Visitor from Jhb

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed. Starter of beetroot & goats cheese just average. Steak and chips was cold but nevertheless edible. Service was terrible. We were a group of 5 and had a lovely corner table but were totally ignored once food was served. Had to literally shout or get up from table to get service. The whole lunch was overpriced and not good value for money.