All reviewsirish breakfasto'connell streetrecommended a local pubhugh lane galleryyogurttop floortrinity collegefamily roomguest housegreat place to stay in dublinhot waterwithin walking distancetwo blockstemple barspent nightsbed and breakfastminute walk
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We loved our stay here. The rooms are small but you don’t spend much time in them anyway. They have a lovely sitting room on the main floor. Very safe and secure. Buzzer to let the staff know you have arrived. They are so friendly. Very very clean, housekeeping does a fantastic job and the owner is a great guy.

Room Tip: About a five euro cab ride to Henry street or a 10-15 min walk. Close to Trinity college if you don’t mind walking.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marymO3566FM
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We were on the second and third floors so lots of stairs to climb. Our room was at the back so it was fairly quiet although there was noise on Saturday night. Dirty tea cup in one room. Hot water was hard to get for morning shower. Breakfast consisted of basic cereal, yogurt, cooked breakfast with fruit and cakes also available. Lots of restaurants nearby. Seamus is very friendly. Easy walking distance to city and airport bus.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank lird5
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The Parkway Guesthouse is within walking distance of many of the cultural/ historic and tourist places Dublin has to offer.
We found the owner and staff to be very friendly, the hotel was clean and the breakfast good.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sirod64
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Fabulous stay here on our first time to Dublin. Seamus could not have been kinder or more accommodating. The rooms are lovely and the breakfast is great. We highly recommend it for a great and relaxing stay in Dublin!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank denvergirl2020
Reviewed 28 May 2018

My wife and I were on our third leg of our Dublin/Belfast/Dublin tour. My wife booked the Parkway Guesthouse as it was North of the river and closer to the airport for our early departure. She had not seen previous reviews.
Having said that, upon arrival, we were met by a friendly staff and explained about the breakfast for the morning. She did not know how old the building was but estimated over 100 years old. It appeared to be an old family mansion as the period buildings in the area all looked like they were top notch in their day. We were in Room 4 which did have a bathroom. Unfortunately, it was up three flights of stairs. I am a light sleeper having been a police officer for many years. The interior of the house was noisy and not very well insulated to noise. Then came 3:30 am on the first night. As there were several local bars in the area, the drunks came out in force as they walked down the street after closing time. This happened each night of our stay to the point I put tissue paper in my ears to help deaden the sound.
There was a saving grace! The food in the dining room each morning was excellent! The house was so old, it had a dumbwaiter (elevator to bring up the food) which I found fascinating. The young girl who took care of us was exceptional. Very pleasant.
The evening before we left, we met Seamus, the owner. He was cheerful to us as we paid the bill in full. I again asked the age of the house. He responded, 1776. Enough said.
I would not recommend this establishment for any other reason other than the age and beauty of this grand old house. Not the experience my wife and I were looking for as this was toward the end of our Irish visit.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple