“Are first drink of the night”

Nancy Hands Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #245 of 2,830 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North City Centre
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Called hear for a meal as we just arrived and dropped are bags off in the hotel a few doors down, and was recommended to us by the receptionist at the hotel where we were staying it was a Thursday night and it was not too busy food was great i had the lamb shank and was cooked just lovely my wife had the BLT and she said that was lovely too.

1  Thank Dave J

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a late family lunch after a long day at the zoo and couldn’t fault the service. The waiter who Mr. H’s daughter thought looked like Thomas Shelby of Peaky Blinders fame was a credit to the bar, quick helpful and attentive! The food was just as it should be, perfect pub grub, the littlest one had meatballs and pasta and said the meatballs were perfect (high praise from a very fussy 10 year old!!) The BLT and Chicken Curry were equally good and I loved my goats cheese and beetroot salad. It’s not a Michelin starred restaurant but then that’s not what you came for it’s good honest freshly well prepared pub grub just perfect after a day walking around the zoo... my only compliant was that it was very cold... Mr H’s daughter commented that the toilets were too cold to sit on!!

1  Thank TravelswithMrH
Reviewed 2 February 2018

A darkish eating place with plenty of atmosphere. I had chicken curry, my husband had the sausage and mash. Very good food, tasty and hot, would definitely try again.

1  Thank Sebgeo05
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Wanted to eat in the restaurant but it was closed for a party so they said we could have dinner in their attached pub. Food was quite good actually. Fresh salmon with micro greens and a starter of mussels. Mussels were incredible! Fresh, tender in a nice broth. Everything was perfectly prepared.

1  Thank winesnob
Reviewed 1 February 2018

My husband and I were staying at the Ashling Hotel close by and popped in for a pint of Guinness on our first evening - very good pint, great atmosphere and friendly staff
So we returned the next evening for a meal and again a few pints of the dark stuff
Both the Liberties Dublin Coddle and Beef and Guinness Pie were very good and good sized portions
Love this pub with so many different areas to sit and eat

1  Thank LAD63