“Lovely but please turn the heat on!!!”

Nancy Hands Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #260 of 2,885 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North City Centre
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a late family lunch after a long day at the zoo and couldn’t fault the service. The waiter who Mr. H’s daughter thought looked like Thomas Shelby of Peaky Blinders fame was a credit to the bar, quick helpful and attentive! The food was just as it should be, perfect pub grub, the littlest one had meatballs and pasta and said the meatballs were perfect (high praise from a very fussy 10 year old!!) The BLT and Chicken Curry were equally good and I loved my goats cheese and beetroot salad. It’s not a Michelin starred restaurant but then that’s not what you came for it’s good honest freshly well prepared pub grub just perfect after a day walking around the zoo... my only compliant was that it was very cold... Mr H’s daughter commented that the toilets were too cold to sit on!!

1  Thank TravelswithMrH

Reviewed 2 February 2018

A darkish eating place with plenty of atmosphere. I had chicken curry, my husband had the sausage and mash. Very good food, tasty and hot, would definitely try again.

1  Thank Sebgeo05
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Wanted to eat in the restaurant but it was closed for a party so they said we could have dinner in their attached pub. Food was quite good actually. Fresh salmon with micro greens and a starter of mussels. Mussels were incredible! Fresh, tender in a nice broth. Everything was perfectly prepared.

1  Thank winesnob
Reviewed 1 February 2018

My husband and I were staying at the Ashling Hotel close by and popped in for a pint of Guinness on our first evening - very good pint, great atmosphere and friendly staff
So we returned the next evening for a meal and again a few pints of the dark stuff
Both the Liberties Dublin Coddle and Beef and Guinness Pie were very good and good sized portions
Love this pub with so many different areas to sit and eat

1  Thank LAD63
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a bit of lunch with my family of four and was instantly looked after by very courteous staff, we were seated and promptly seen for our orders of food and drink.

Lovely old style pub with really top class food, the seafood chowder and a pint of plain top class. We were looked after great by the very friendly staff throughout our visit.

Children’s menu was also very good and the kids (10+8) were happy with their WiFi which is free.

Overall really nice visit and very reasonably priced and look forward to returning for a few pints at night.

1  Thank mark c