“Not to be missed if you enjoy the local pub scene”
Review of Rural Pub Tours

Rural Pub Tours
Ranked #2 of 289 Nightlife in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience true Irish pub culture, visit the pubs the locals visit. Take in some of Ireland's most picturesque scenery as we make our way from pub to pub. Rural Pub Tours have put together exciting tours which takes you out of the City and straight to the countryside to have a real taste of rural pub life. So let us take you on an unforgettable journey through some of Ireland’s most spectacular scenery as we visit many of Ireland’s most famous pubs and some of Ireland’s not so famous hard to find pubs.
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Shane's Rural Pub Tour (we did the 3-pub) was certainly a highlight of our recent trip to Dublin. His local knowledge of Ireland and the beers to be had are not to be missed. He has seemingly limitless energy and passion for his native land and the pubs he visits. He gave some history behind the pubs en route and made sure that everyone felt welcome with the locals at every stop. All three pubs had their own uniqueness of locale, history, music, and atmosphere with the common thread being fun (and beer, of course).

By the end of the night, Shane had us all singing Irish songs on the way back to Dublin. Just don't ask him to play any English drinking songs or he might tell you to "eat a bag..." :) We're looking forward to doing the longer tour or Sunday tour next time.

1  Thank Michael E

Reviewed 13 March 2017

My family and I had a great time with Shane on this tour. We visited three different pubs and had a wonderful time at each. Shane shared some history of each bar, talked about what drinks we could expect, and the types of music we might encounter. Our family was able to meet not only the others on the tour with us but some locals at each of the different bars. I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone who will be in the area on a Sunday afternoon.

1  Thank Travelingman331
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Shane was great and made our experience incredibly memorable. He did a great job telling us about Ireland, each of the pubs and insights into the great beverages we enjoyed.

1  Thank Shawn E
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic night this was. We first of all meet Shane our driver and guide extraordinaire :-) Shane made this trip one of the best evenings in Dublin, he was so informative and made sure that everyone was involved. We visited three pubs which were all so different, Shane explained about the pub before we got there, he even suggested drinks we might like to try. Eventually it was back on the bus for the return journey and a good old sing song, as it was my husbands birthday Shane made sure we sang happy birthday to him. This trip is definitely one to try, worth every penny.

1  Thank Ann D
Reviewed 30 January 2017

My wife and I were on our honeymoon.. and were very excited to try this trip after reading the reviews. Great communication, very good information as to when to get picked up and where... the reviews were spot on.

I am finally getting on to writing this after many months but I figured I better do it now before I book our next trip soon!

Bottom line, if you like meeting new people on the tour van, if you like talking to new people in the pubs throughout the countryside, you will absolutely get the most out of this event. We did the longer tour and I think we hit 5-6 pubs in 7-8 hours (or so seemed).

I talked to people at every pub and every pub had people who were willing to talk to us tourists. My favorite time was meeting with a fellow Metallica cover band ex-lead singer who was also an extra in the Vikings show (he looked like he was in ZZ Top), as well as an older local "John" who was at our place of dinner that evening.

Shane our incredible driver warned us of just a few things - to talk about anything except for religion and politics...and to be sure to talk to as many people as you can, so you did not regret doing so. But I loved talking to people about those subjects and just listening. If you are an open minded soul who loves to hear people's thoughts on life, then every Irishmen will love talking to you. To show how fun this trip was, even a LOCAL couple was on their 2nd tour! Are you kidding me?

I rarely say this - but this is a top 5 event for me in all my travels. My opinion of Ireland was already very high, but after this pub tour... it is a place I strive to get back to any chance I can.

Don't think twice, just book it... have a few drinks and enjoy the best time you will have in almost any tour in your life.

2  Thank Tony V