An Evening of Food, Folklore and Fairies
Open today: 17:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
A great night in Dublin!

This was a great night and was the highlight of our trip to Ireland. Food was great, the music and... read more

Reviewed 15 November 2020
Shoestring-Kiwi
Fantastic dinner and story telling

I came here on holiday back in 2016 (this review is super delayed- i'm sorry, Phillip!) This... read more

Reviewed 11 November 2020
angnb_004

Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from US$37.01
from US$24.67
from US$21.40
from US$61.68
3,701 results
All reviews brazen head story telling johnny daly between courses fairy stories irish culture three course meal oldest pub the pub wonderful stories guinness stew potato famine traditional music highlight of our trip visiting dublin live music helena
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We booked the top five attractions listed for Dublin on trip advisor and would rank this fifth. The storyteller was excellent and the musical interlude a treat. However we arrived 15 minutes ahead of schedule and found only 2 seats remaining for the 4 of us. We had reserved the night 4 months in advance. Two of us were squeezed in a space where two tables met and both had to straddle the tables' legs, not being able to pull the chairs in under the table. In the meantime, the outdoor dining area became louder as hearing the storyteller became more of a challenge. With a room of almost 60 people that should have held 40, a surprising amount of "down time' and a steady stream of background noise lessened the value. This is our third trip to Dublin in the last three years and the first and last time for this attraction. Given the choice, the Merry Ploughboys is a much better value.
We have eaten at the Brazen Head five times in the last 3 years and recommend the food and menu.
At the end of the show we were encouraged to write a review for TripAdvisor. Be careful what you wish for.

4  Thank tom12newengland
Reviewed 1 June 2011

1) Drinking Guinness in its birthplace while sitting in the oldest pub in Ireland.
2) Having a professional storyteller entertain you with stories of fairies and pooka and Irish superstitions.
3) Yummy food.
4) Listening to a live band playing traditional music between the courses.

It was a magickal night, indeed.

1  Thank DougSarver
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I have to say, I wasn't sure what to expect when I sat down at our table in a crowded room of the Brazen Head Pub. A friend had researched for activities in Dublin and I just went with her judgement. I was told that there was Irish dancing, which, to be honest, I was not that crazy about since I've seen plenty of those back in the States. When Johnny introduced himself and began his storytelling, I was captivated. He was a phenomenal storyteller and he spoke about how Irish people lived pre and post the potato famine. Not only did I learn about the history of Ireland, but I also learned about how and why they live the way they do. The great stories intertwined with authentic Irish food and music really made the time fly. To top it all off, it all took place in the oldest pub in Ireland.

In the end, while no irish dancers showed up, I was not at all disappointed. This truly was an unforgettable experience.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great night of authentic Irish storytelling, food and music. You will not be disappointed!

3  Thank catjmack
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My husband and I booked this a few days before our 4 day visit to Dublin after reading reviews on Tripadvisor, and were both very pleased that the evening really did live up to our expectations. We enjoyed sharing our table with 10 other tourists from the UK and the United States whose company made the experience even better. The service was excellent and friendly and the food plentiful. johnny has the sort of voice that would enthrall his audience if he were reading a shopping list! It is true what other reviews have said about him bringing your own imagination to life through painting pictures with words. A lovely, lovely evening. book before you go!!!

1  Thank scottnhev
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My boyfriend and I had a great night at the folklore evening in the brazen head. It was really relaxing to sit off and enjoy a lovely meal while being told great stories. Ollie our storyteller was entertaining and very friendly . My boyfriend is colombian and was so interested in all the stories, Im irish and have heard many stories growing up but I throughly enjoyed hearing them again with such enthusiasm. It really is a great night for everyone and well worth the money!!

1  Thank kellyanne30