“Enjoyed an excellent meal here.”
Review of The Pig's Ear

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Food first class as was service.
Somewhat noisy because of wooden floor.
Good house wines.
A bit pricey,certainly at night time, so suitable for special occasion

Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

During a weekend trip to Dublin we had decided to consume only Irish food, beer and whiskey -with low expectations. The pigs ear really defenitlyb turned our view. Irish but modern in a lovely seeting and excellent service -strongly recommend?

1  Thank annakarinhedlund
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Staff are friendly and professional.
The food is of an incredibly high standard in terms of quality and presentation.
Wine selection is super.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

If you want traditional Irish food you can not go wrong with the Pigs Ear.
Really nice food and friendly staff.
The restaurant is on the 1st Floor with private dining room areas above.
We had lunch on Saturday and the atmosphere was good and all tables were occupied.
Booking is essential in order not to be disappointed.
They do a good reasonably priced set menu for lunch and dinner, you can chose 2 or 3 courses
We went a la carte which is a bit more expensive but greater choices
I would go back and recommend

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We were a family of five from India on a road trip through Ireland. We arrived here for lunch (without a reservation) tired from a long walk. I was traveling with my parents who are in their late 70's. When we got there and asked for a table for 5, we were told that there was no table available. I did see two separate tables (one for 2 and the other for 3) and I requested we be seated there. We ordered and as we were waiting for our food, the restaurant rapidly emptied and there were several tables vacant. I then asked the lady if she would be kind enough to but 2 table together so that we could sit as a group. She said it would not look very nice and it was not possible, not very politely if I may add.
That said, every course of what we ordered was very good. I would not go back here in a hurry simply because service and warmth are as important as the food for me.