Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Outstanding guide and teacher

Ed and Caroline Lee from Florida. What was supposed to be a two hour tour, turned into four and... read more

Reviewed 19 March 2020
Caroline L
Jacksonville, Florida
Fabulous Oscar Wilde Tour

We were lucky enough to have Oisin take us on a private 2 hour tour. He was utterly brilliant and... read more

Reviewed 11 February 2020
kateyj113
Chichester, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2019

What a wonderful day! I had so much fun that I returned the day after to properly analyze every new found corner this amazing tour showed us!
I have been an Oscar fan for two decades now and always fantasized on such a tour for obvious reasons. My expectations were 737362837 times filled!
Oisin is an amazing guide that truly loves the Wilde history; ask anything and he will know the answer. Fueled by passion, the tour is extremely personal and precise.
I have collected so many infos about Oscar Wilde for years and still managed to learn something new, which is fantastic!
As a bonus, compared to many tours that makes you stroll around ghosts of building that used to be before destruction or renovations, the landmarks explored by this tour are intact!
No “this used to be there before the place turned into a modern coffee shop” excuses, all the places you see are authentic and help furthermore connecting with Oscar.
Besides, Oisin is also an accessible man who also knows and loves a lot about Irish general history and literature.
It was a pleasure to keep the discussion going after the tour in front of a fresh pint of Guinness, surrounded by the friendly and fun Irish hospitality!
This area of Dublin deserves to be known furthermore among travelers and this tour is a great way to immerse anyone into it!
Will definitely book again the next time I go in Ireland!

Reviewed 7 May 2019

I can only highly recommend this tour to anyone with a few hours to spare in Dublin city. Oisin, our tour guide is passionate on the subject and his enthusiasm rubbed off on everyone on the tour making it very interactive, insightful and thoroughly enjoyable . As a Dubliner myself , it was a wonderful way to meander through streets of Dublin , which I am very familiar with, and learn some of the history behind them and the influence on Oscar's life and literature.

Reviewed 6 May 2019

Oisin was a fantastic guide. We did the tour last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Oisin answered lots of questions about Oscar Wilde, and read a few excerpts from his writings. Great activity for your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 25 April 2019

My partner and I really enjoyed the tour which was the very final part of our long easter weekend in Dublin. Oisin our guide was a fantastic orator who managed to paint a beautifully vivid picture of Wilde's early years on the streets of Dublin. The tour takes in some of the centre of the cities most beautiful buildings including Trinity College and the old Parliament Building.

We ended the tour in Kennedy's close to Merrion Square for a well earned Guinness with our brilliant guide Oisin.

Well worth the money for a real slice of Dublin cultural history!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 24 April 2019

I decided to take this tour on a whim last Sunday and had such a wonderful time! Highly recommended.

As somewhat of a bibliophile, I, of course, knew of the sensationalized aspects of Oscar Wilde's life and his commercialized epitaphs. But this tour was not these tabloid headlines that everyone with an inkling of the author's wild life is familiar with, but rather something that gives something much more unique. Oisin, in the two-hour tour around Merrion Square's vicinity, gave a different portrait of the artist as a young man, highlighting important moments of Wilde's formative years growing up in Dublin. You really get an understanding of the family history, the eccentricity, that shaped Oscar and therefore, a deeper appreciation of his work and the seeds that were planted that would sprout in his later life.

This spring, I've had the privilege of attending Trinity College, the alma mater of Oscar. Having spent the past few months living in Dublin, I have passed by many of the buildings on the tour without a second thought as I hurried to class or cafes to study. This tour gave me the pause to consider the structures that served as background to my semester abroad as the background of young Oscar Wilde and gave me a historical understanding of the world in which he grew up.

Afterward, the tour group went to Kennedy's, the bar in which teenaged Oscar worked while in school, for a round of drinks. It was a great way to continue the chat with our tour guide and ask any further questions that might not have come up on the tour.

Overall, this is a great tour for anyone who has any interest in Oscar Wilde, as a celebrity of his era or as a literary titan, and the perfect way to spend an afternoon in Dublin.

Date of experience: April 2019