“Dinner with Friends”

SOLE Seafood and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
SOLE Seafood and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,044 Restaurants in Dublin
Description: SOLE Seafood & Grill is a modern comfortable, destination dining experience that offers an array of fish and shellfish dishes alongside a variety of meat and seasonal favourites in an atmosphere of urban sophistication. Each day our culinary team prepare the very best of products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavours.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

A few friends met for dinner. Lovely modern setting. This restaurant is for shell fish lovers.
Cocktail while we waited was very nice.

My partner had the classic prawn cocktail to start, which was average. I had the squid tempura - this was disappointing relative to the same dish elsewhere. The service was very slow and inexperienced - even allowing for the time of year.

I had the fish pie for main, which was lovely, plenty of fish types in it. My partner had the crab salad with fries for main, which was meager in size. Others had the seafood towers - these are the main reason to eat here in my opinion.
We drank white wine. The wine was very expensive and passable in quality.
The Red wine selection available was poor. For anyone ordering the very expensive steak option on the menu, you may struggle with selecting a quality glass of red wine.

Overall - the group impression was that it was over-priced. 10% added automatically for groups of 6 or more.

I won’t be going back. I’d rather spend a small bit more and eat Michelin star food.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank BowenK

Reviewed 1 week ago

That was our fist visit in Sole and most certainly not the last one.
A'la Cart menu was extensive but all we wanted was Sole’s Captain Seafood Tower
with amazing selection of hot and cold sea food(including whole lobster!). It is so worth the money! Everything was super fresh and tasty. We didn't ordered any starters and still couldn't finish it all. Service as well was just great. Sara, lady who greed us upon arrival, she made sure we are happy and well looked after. Ante, waiter who was serving our table was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. We could't ask for more!

Date of visit: January 2019
VictorN2133, General Manager at SOLE Seafood and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear szyszuniatzn,

Thank you so much for 5 star review and for sharing your recent experience while dining in SOLE Seafood & Grill.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed our Captain's tower, it is one of most popular dishes.

I will be sure to pass your compliments to both culinary team and front of house team and I know they will be thrilled with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you on your second visit in near future.

Your sincerely,
Victor Nedelea,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had a fantastic meal in sole! The fish was excellent and I would really recommend sole as a restaurant. We had the mussels, oysters and prawns to start, and for mains we had the lobster, king crab legs and the fish special of the day which was monkfish. Everything was cooked perfectly and the flavour was fantastic. Compliments to the chef. The service was also excellent, and Ante really looked after us. We really enjoyed our post Christmas meal and I will definitely be returning again!

Date of visit: January 2019
VictorN2133, General Manager at SOLE Seafood and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear TryEverything15,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review and taking the time to share your dining experience with us on TripAdvisor

We highly appreciate all of our guests' feedback and view all comments as crucial in our growth as a restaurant and are always honoured that our customers go to the trouble to post such wonderful comments.
Your lovely comments regarding the service and food mean a great deal to us.

I will pass on your kind words to Ante and Ana our Head Chef, they are going to be thrilled to hear it.

I appreciate your recommendation, and I look forward to welcoming you back in SOLE Seafood & Grill.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Lovely relaxed setting with great food and friendly staff. The king crab legs were the highlight of the meal. We did have one person with us who didn’t eat seafood and their chicken was a bit dry - but, it’s a seafood restaurant.
Pricey but a nice treat for anyone who loves seafood

Dear Foodreviewer2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of SOLE Seafood & Grill with us on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate all our guests' feedback and view all comments as essential in our growth as a restaurant. Your kind words regarding the friendly staff and king crab legs means a great deal to us, however I am sorry to hear that one of your guests found the chicken a bit dry.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your guests back to SOLE Seafood & Grill on a future occasion.

Reviewed 1 week ago

great food, friendly staff, can sit up at bar if eating alone - very spacious bar area. Great acoustics - very easy to hear everyone. Ante our waiter truly went the extra mile!

Dear Maggie540,

Thank you for 5 star review and our taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us here at SOLE Seafood & Grill.

Should you require any future booking assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@sole.ie

We look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to SOLE Seafood & Grill