“Beautiful Sole”

SOLE Seafood and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
SOLE Seafood and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,044 Restaurants in Dublin
Description: SOLE Seafood & Grill is a modern comfortable, destination dining experience that offers an array of fish and shellfish dishes alongside a variety of meat and seasonal favourites in an atmosphere of urban sophistication. Each day our culinary team prepare the very best of products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavours.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Elegant restaurant. Amazing staff.
Gorgeous food.

€11.00 for two bottles of water was a bit steep though.

Reasonably priced food

Date of visit: December 2018
VictorN2133, General Manager at SOLE Seafood and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sarah O,

Thank you for have taken the trouble to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Your comments regarding the food and staff are truly valued by all of us here at SOLE Seafood & Grill. I will be sure to pass them on to the team.

We are offering the one of the highest quality water on the market and we are sorry you felt that our price is at upper end,

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to SOLE Seafood & Grill

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had the Christmas Lunch menu for our group.
A fabulous warm welcoming restaurant with exceptional service and knowledgeable staff.
The food and decor is amazing would definitely recommend the restaurant and will certainly be back

Dear citybreaktravelfan,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and for taking the time to share it with us. Here at SOLE Seafood & Grill we strive to make a great experience for every each of our guest and we are happy to hear that we fulfilled your expectations.
We were delighted to read your comments about food and decor on your recent visit to our Restaurant,.
We look forward to welcoming you and your work colleagues back at SOLE Seafood & Grill in near future

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had the octopus and skate for starters.
The octopus was excellent with a nice dipping sauce, about 6 pieces. The skate was only 2 skewers, which were so dry (from being barbecued) that it was almost inedible.

Nobody ever asked us during either of our courses if anything was wrong with out meal. We did tell the waiter who collected the plates that the skate was overdone, Colin I believe his name was. His response was a nervous laugh and then said “thank you”.

We both ordered the king crab, which at €65 for 300 grams had better be bloody good. We have debated the quality and technique of the cooking. I believe that it was boiled in exceptionally salty water, which left a strong salty taste on the meat. My friend didn’t have the same opinion as me but thought that it was finished off in butter. I didn’t taste any butter, just salt which overpowered the sweetness of the meat. The side of potatoes which was swimming in butter was nice I have to say.

The bread was very average and the butter was cold and should be served at room temperature.

The restaurant was never more than 20% full and I fear that it will not last long with these prices and stuffy service.

Total bill €240. + tip.

I would give 3 stars but it’s about €60 overpriced.

4  Thank Pklondon83
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was my first visit in this restaurant, but not the last! Food, service and cocktail were absolutely suberb. Thank you for a great evening.

Dear lauridze17,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback of your experience here with us at SOLE Seafood & Grill and for taking the time to share it with us on TripAdvisor
We were delighted to read your comments about your recent visit to our Restaurant and to hear that you enjoyed the evening.
We value your kind words regarding the food, service and cocktails, I will pass it on to the team.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to SOLE Seafood & Grill on another occasion.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Possibly I would not be so harsh if this restaurant was not so expensive ( a price I would have willingly paid if had delivered on the food, as the staff were lovely the space pleasant and service and quality of ingredient's fresh and tasty). But I ordered a Lobster Thermindor this is classic worldwide dish invented by Escoffier in the 1880's and has brandy Gruyere cheese and mustard and is finished under a grill . The perfectly fresh half lobster I was served had no detectable taste of any of those ingredients in the brownish sauce it had had poured over it , a simple google check for a image would have shown this was not anything near what a Thermindor should look like , the nice young waiter was confused by my complaint but polite and friendly and brought a more senior fellow , who sort of conceded the point that Mustard being absent it was it really a Thermindor - He brought a little pot of a thin Thermindor sauce , by which time I had eaten most of the lobster anyway as my partner and I wanted to eat together .
They would have I think done any thing I asked to put this right , however it was really to late by the time it arrived at the table , and I was still charged full rate including supplement .
My partners meal was OK , again fresh tasty product- cooked with little inspiration , I noticed on the way to the toilet a table being served the Sole off the bone at the table the waitress was making about the same level of a pills of it as I would , but the people seemed happy and the Restaurant was full so others are obviously less picky .
But I left disappointed it felt a waste to not have the cooking match up to every thing else ( including the Price's ) It is ultimately what a restaurant should be about but if the food is not your first priority this places does the rest pretty well

1  Thank alan252

Dear alan252,

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the staff and the decor.

Here at SOLE we use the finest ingredients in our menu, so is the case of the thermidor sauce (which is very highly appreciated dish here in SOLE by the majority of our guests). I am sorry that this was not in par with your personal taste.
Giving our central location and as I mentioned above, the high quality of ingredients that we use, we feel that we offer very good value for the price.

What I don't appreciate, is your comments about one of our staff members making a certain level of pills as you would? I find it really offensive and inappropriate so did the staff when she read the review.

Should you wish to discuss this further you can contact me at gm@sole.ie