“Fantastic”

SOLE Seafood and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
SOLE Seafood and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,927 Restaurants in Dublin
Description: SOLE Seafood & Grill is a modern comfortable, destination dining experience that offers an array of fish and shellfish dishes alongside a variety of meat and seasonal favourites in an atmosphere of urban sophistication. Each day our culinary team prepare the very best of products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavours.
Reviewed 6 days ago

I've been here 4 times now, and it seems like it just keeps getting better every time. Amazing food, friendly and attentive staff who also possess a good knowledge about the food and its origin. It's all in the details, and Sole certainly takes care of that. I'm going to keep bringing friends and family as well as colleagues to Sole. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Came here on a work trip before heading onto an evening event at St. Patrick’s cathedral. Arrived about 18:15 and saw they had a bar that I could eat at too. I much prefer this when dining alone. The service was spot on from taking my coat to the food coming out super speedy. The barman was excellent at making the drinks and everyone seemed to really take pride in their jobs. The menu looked fantastic but I didn’t have much time so just ordered the fish pie. It was lovely and the perfect meal for what I needed. It is finished with a scallop on top which only made me which I had chosen the scallop dish. I’ll just have to come back next time I’m in Dublin! A guy arrived at the bar next to me waiting for his family and told me it was new, I would never have known since it all seemed very organised and professional. Highly recommend coming here.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 1 week ago

Most things about Sole were prtty good. It's fairly pricey and you'd get same quality food for much less out of town. But running a place of its size in the city centre, serving up decent quality fish and seafood presumably costs more, and they do it well. Good staff. Good presentation. I suppose my only quibble, but it's an important one, is that my panfried halibut came tasting of too much fried butter - the fish was fine and could have done without being overpowered. Hopefully somebody will read this and make an adjustment - more neutral tasting butter or a different oil please,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had booked long in advance and was warmly greeted. I was seated at the bar though and found this a little strange as I had a confirmed booking, but it turned out to be ok. Very friendly and service minded staff. Food was very good, but not among the very best. I had lobster cakes as a starter. Well prepared, but not much taste of lobster. I had scallops as main course, and this was a disappointment. To my taste, the scallops were overwhelmed by mashed potatoes and I would much have preferred standard pan fried scallops. The Christmas pudding dessert was excellent. You will not walk away hungry - servings were more than adequate. Good selection of wine.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

One of the best Lunch’s we’ve ever had!

Luke’s service was second to none and you’re lucky if you ever have him as your server.

Started with the oysters and octopus (both exquisite, the raspberry vinaigrette was a lovely touch). The mussels were very tasty, tiger prawns delicious and lobster cakes with lobster sauce rich and flavourful. All downed with a beautiful bottle of Sancerre.

Finished with the Chocolate soufflé accompanied by disaronno and port. Couldn’t have asked for a better lunch. Won’t be long till we revisit.