“Good - but easy on the butter”

SOLE Seafood and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
SOLE Seafood and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,927 Restaurants in Dublin
Description: SOLE Seafood & Grill is a modern comfortable, destination dining experience that offers an array of fish and shellfish dishes alongside a variety of meat and seasonal favourites in an atmosphere of urban sophistication. Each day our culinary team prepare the very best of products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavours.
Reviewed 1 week ago

Most things about Sole were prtty good. It's fairly pricey and you'd get same quality food for much less out of town. But running a place of its size in the city centre, serving up decent quality fish and seafood presumably costs more, and they do it well. Good staff. Good presentation. I suppose my only quibble, but it's an important one, is that my panfried halibut came tasting of too much fried butter - the fish was fine and could have done without being overpowered. Hopefully somebody will read this and make an adjustment - more neutral tasting butter or a different oil please,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had booked long in advance and was warmly greeted. I was seated at the bar though and found this a little strange as I had a confirmed booking, but it turned out to be ok. Very friendly and service minded staff. Food was very good, but not among the very best. I had lobster cakes as a starter. Well prepared, but not much taste of lobster. I had scallops as main course, and this was a disappointment. To my taste, the scallops were overwhelmed by mashed potatoes and I would much have preferred standard pan fried scallops. The Christmas pudding dessert was excellent. You will not walk away hungry - servings were more than adequate. Good selection of wine.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

One of the best Lunch’s we’ve ever had!

Luke’s service was second to none and you’re lucky if you ever have him as your server.

Started with the oysters and octopus (both exquisite, the raspberry vinaigrette was a lovely touch). The mussels were very tasty, tiger prawns delicious and lobster cakes with lobster sauce rich and flavourful. All downed with a beautiful bottle of Sancerre.

Finished with the Chocolate soufflé accompanied by disaronno and port. Couldn’t have asked for a better lunch. Won’t be long till we revisit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had 5 friends over from the US. The food, ambiance and service were all excellent. We either had the sole or steak all of which were perfectly cooked. One mishap the sides of vegetables and potatoes came out sporadically and not together with the dishes, which resulted in two of the guests finishing their main course before the side dishes arrived.

Date of visit: November 2018
VictorN2133, General Manager at SOLE Seafood and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear MarcDublin,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience of SOLE Seafood & Grill with us on TripAdvisor.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delayed side orders you received, this should not have happened and we will take great care in future to ensure that this does not happen again.

We appreciate all of our guests' feedback and view all comments as imperative in our growth as a restaurant and are always honoured that our customers go to the trouble to post such wonderful comments.

Your kind comments regarding the service and food mean a great deal to us we work very hard to maintain at an exceptional level in both aspects so it makes our jobs so worthwhile to know that our guests have been impressed by the overall experience.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to SOLE Seafood & Grill.

Yours sincerely,

Victor Nedelea

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited sole in its opening days back in March and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.. fast forward a few months and my experience was even better again. It feels as if the staff have really grown in to themselves and the food was as good as ever. We were greeted by Sara and Anita who were ever so charming and welcoming and enjoyed a beautiful cocktail at the bar before our meal. Our entire table decided to opt for crab claws for starters which were divine, only to be out done but the filet steak with surf and turf for the main. All round it was a beautifully comfortable and elegant dining experience. It’s a little on the pricey side but I would recommend it for any special occasion!

1  Thank Emerbuckley_

Dear Emerbuckley_,

Thank you so much for 5-star review and for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Here at SOLE Seafood & Grill we are committed to creating a memorable dining experience for each of our guests and I am pleased to read that this was even better than your last visit.

Your comments regarding the food drinks and staff are significant to us as the culinary skill of the kitchen team and the level of service provided by the Front of House Team are the primary foundations upon which this restaurant has been built.

We would be delighted to welcome you back any time, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@sole.ie, should you require any future booking assistance.

Yours sincerely,