“Very good in central location”

SOLE Seafood and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
SOLE Seafood and Grill is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 3,101 Restaurants in Dublin
Description: SOLE Seafood & Grill is a modern comfortable, destination dining experience that offers an array of fish and shellfish dishes alongside a variety of meat and seasonal favourites in an atmosphere of urban sophistication. Each day our culinary team prepare the very best of products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavours.
Reviewed 30 November 2018 via mobile

I had booked long in advance and was warmly greeted. I was seated at the bar though and found this a little strange as I had a confirmed booking, but it turned out to be ok. Very friendly and service minded staff. Food was very good, but not among the very best. I had lobster cakes as a starter. Well prepared, but not much taste of lobster. I had scallops as main course, and this was a disappointment. To my taste, the scallops were overwhelmed by mashed potatoes and I would much have preferred standard pan fried scallops. The Christmas pudding dessert was excellent. You will not walk away hungry - servings were more than adequate. Good selection of wine.

Date of visit: November 2018
VictorN2133, General Manager at SOLE Seafood and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2018

Dear Breiva,

Thank you for your feedback of your experience here with us at SOLE Seafood & Grill and for taking the time to share it with us.
We value your kind words regarding the staff, service and wine, however I am disappointed to hear that the overall experience we offer did not met your expectations. We have a very strong management presence on the floor and if you had mentioned on the night when the quality check was done, we could have replace the dishes for you.We are very happy accommodate to any of our guest special requests whenever possible.
We look forward to welcome you back to SOLE Seafood & Grill and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@sole.ie should you require any future booking assistance.

Reviewed 30 November 2018 via mobile

One of the best Lunch’s we’ve ever had!

Luke’s service was second to none and you’re lucky if you ever have him as your server.

Started with the oysters and octopus (both exquisite, the raspberry vinaigrette was a lovely touch). The mussels were very tasty, tiger prawns delicious and lobster cakes with lobster sauce rich and flavourful. All downed with a beautiful bottle of Sancerre.

Finished with the Chocolate soufflé accompanied by disaronno and port. Couldn’t have asked for a better lunch. Won’t be long till we revisit.

Dear Yanngringo,

Thank you so much for 5 stars review and taking the time to share your lovely feedback about your experience here with us at SOLE Seafood & Grill, it is greatly valued by each and every one of us.

The culinary team will be delighted to read your comments about the food. Here at SOLE we have gone to extraordinary lengths to bring some of the best products Ireland has to offer to the plates of our guests.
Also I have passed on your comments to the front of the house team and to Luke who was thrilled to hear it.
I hope to welcome you back to SOLE Seafood & Grill very soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 27 November 2018

I had 5 friends over from the US. The food, ambiance and service were all excellent. We either had the sole or steak all of which were perfectly cooked. One mishap the sides of vegetables and potatoes came out sporadically and not together with the dishes, which resulted in two of the guests finishing their main course before the side dishes arrived.

Date of visit: November 2018
VictorN2133, General Manager at SOLE Seafood and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2018

Dear MarcDublin,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience of SOLE Seafood & Grill with us on TripAdvisor.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delayed side orders you received, this should not have happened and we will take great care in future to ensure that this does not happen again.

We appreciate all of our guests' feedback and view all comments as imperative in our growth as a restaurant and are always honoured that our customers go to the trouble to post such wonderful comments.

Your kind comments regarding the service and food mean a great deal to us we work very hard to maintain at an exceptional level in both aspects so it makes our jobs so worthwhile to know that our guests have been impressed by the overall experience.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to SOLE Seafood & Grill.

Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

I visited sole in its opening days back in March and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.. fast forward a few months and my experience was even better again. It feels as if the staff have really grown in to themselves and the food was as good as ever. We were greeted by Sara and Anita who were ever so charming and welcoming and enjoyed a beautiful cocktail at the bar before our meal. Our entire table decided to opt for crab claws for starters which were divine, only to be out done but the filet steak with surf and turf for the main. All round it was a beautifully comfortable and elegant dining experience. It’s a little on the pricey side but I would recommend it for any special occasion!

1  Thank Emerbuckley_

Dear Emerbuckley_,

Thank you so much for 5-star review and for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Here at SOLE Seafood & Grill we are committed to creating a memorable dining experience for each of our guests and I am pleased to read that this was even better than your last visit.

Your comments regarding the food drinks and staff are significant to us as the culinary skill of the kitchen team and the level of service provided by the Front of House Team are the primary foundations upon which this restaurant has been built.

We would be delighted to welcome you back any time, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@sole.ie, should you require any future booking assistance.

Reviewed 24 November 2018 via mobile

We were delighted to find this little gem in Dublin City with exceptional service and absolutely fabulous seafood. We had the sole captain tower which was everything we adore . The complete package like a tonic . We also decided to indulge in a couple of deserts ( which is unlike us ) and they were Devine. We will be back guys . This is a credit to you all .

Dear lynndawnhenry,

On behalf of the entire team here at SOLE Seafood & Grill, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful review of our Restaurant.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the food, especially the Captain's Tower. I have passed on your praise to our culinary team, who are always thrilled to hear such comments.

I look forward to welcome you back to SOLE Seafood & Grill in the near future.