Open today: 17:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
worth a trip!

came on a sunday night and it was so lovely to have space and such comfy seats! the building itself... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
shellyb52
Derby, United Kingdom
Beautiful and ultimate treat

Had a lovely time at the Stella. I don’t think it can be a regular Thing as it is quite expensive... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
marthalu32
Dublin, Ireland
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from US$23.20
from US$29.00
from US$75.40
from US$67.30
More Info
All reviews cinema experience red leather foot stool regular cinema parmesan fries leather armchairs comfortable cinema fantastic cinema cocktail bar upstairs cocktail club table lamp art deco surroundings cinema goers beautiful room brilliant experience rathmines movie
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to the refurbished Stella. While it’s certainly more expensive than your average cinema, it’s definitely worth it. It’s very luxurious and such a treat to be able to have lovely food and a glass of wine while watching your chosen movie. Plenty of helpful friendly staff also. I’d return in a heart beat.

Date of experience: April 2018
3  Thank DublinGirlie
PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Stella Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi DublinGirlie-

Thank you so much for coming to see us at Stella Theatre!

We've shared your lovely comments with the whole team who are equally as thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Stella Theatre & Cocktail Club soon.

Best,

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Went last night with my partner for a date night. We booked the couch and have mixed feelings about it. We could sit together which was great as the individual seats have a table and lamp in between each one which leaves it almost impossible to see/communicate.

We were in the auditorium and unfortunately the couch are the back row and closest to the entrance. This made the noise quite loud and disturbing when the film was starting as people arrived a little late.

We also ordered food half hour before the film started. We were told our food would be delivered 20 mins within the film starting. 40 mins into the film, no sign of our food. I eventually said it to one of the staff and 10 mins later, half of our order was delivered. I was informed our food had been served to another seat! I do have to say though, the hot dog was amazing! Rest of food was okay.

All in all, it was a nice evening but just the small things let us down. Shame when you consider the ticket price is more than double for a normal cinema ticket.

Hi Liam S-

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your visit to Stella!

Our couches are definitely the most popular spot for folks joining us on a date night - sorry for any disruption caused by late-comers. We try our very best to ensure guests are seated as quietly as possible once the movie is rolling.

Having discussed the delay in food being delivered with team from that week, we've learned that indeed your original order was delivered to the neighbouring seats inadvertently. Definitely a training opportunity for us to work on. Glad to hear that the hot dog was amazing!

Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to welcome you to Stella again - for another date night perhaps. We also have couches on the second row of the balcony which may provide that great balance between cosy seating and not being on the last row of the ground floor.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. The standard of refurbishment to this cinema is to be commended. Beautiful room, extremely comfortable chairs & couches and very helpful staff. Worth the extra money.

Date of experience: March 2018
PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Stella Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi lizo1975-

Thanks for joining us at Stella Theatre and for posting your review! We're thrilled to read that you had such a great time with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I recently visited the The Stella Cocktail Bar and Theatre and I must say it was an excellent night out. We started with Cocktails followed by some snack food and both the cocktails and food were excellent and not to expensive considering the ambience. The Theatre itself is also super with little tables and beautiful arm chairs to sit in. Also sound and vision were good as well. The decor and overall athmosphere make this a special place for a visit. It beats the Stella Cinema I used to know in the early 60s and I would highly recommend a visit.

Hi JOC834-

We're delighted to see that you came back to see what we've done with the restored & renovated Stella! Looking forward to seeing you again. Many thanks for your review.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Beautiful building, food disappointing, hollow sound, lamp in front of me. Ok guys we had s good night But the food was very pricey for what we got and not great. The lamps are lovely but it was in my way!! The sound is hollow and I found it hard to hear, other then that it's a good nights entertainment but get in early to do all your ordering or buy something out side and bring in. Toilets spotless Xx