“Worth the extra cost for the experience!”
Review of Stella Theatre

Stella Theatre
Ranked #12 of 101 Fun & Games in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Get set for a truly unique cinema experience in the beautifully restored Stella Theatre, an iconic cinematic landmark which sits in heart of Dublin 6. The cinema itself has been sympathetically restored to reflect the glamour and glitz of the 1920’s for an entire new generation of movie-goers.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It was my boyfriend who wanted to try out the Stella, I thought it was silly to pay €19 euro for a film we could see in a regular cinema, but I was happily proven wrong. It was such a brilliant experience and well worth the extra few euros. We arrived about 1.5 hour before the film and had dinner and cocktails upstairs. The food was really nice and very reasonably priced, we had two taco fries, a burger and chicken tenders and I think the food was about €20 in total. The service and staff were excellent. The decor was my favourite part of the experience, we felt like we were back in 1920's or in a movie. The theater itself super comfortable and warm and cosy. We opted for the couch option which I'd go for again, it has big cushions and a foot stool. Even though they're back row its a small screening so it was perfect, so comfortable. I'm glad I didn't choose the bed because they're way too close to the screen its actually funny. Already recommended it to family and friends, can't wait to come back, its such a treat!

PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Stella Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Amy B-

Thanks so much for your lovely review.

We're delighted to see that you enjoyed the experience after some encouragement from your boyfriend!

Looking forward to welcoming you both to Stella Theatre again.

Best,

"screening"
"phantom"
"era"

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to the refurbished Stella. While it’s certainly more expensive than your average cinema, it’s definitely worth it. It’s very luxurious and such a treat to be able to have lovely food and a glass of wine while watching your chosen movie. Plenty of helpful friendly staff also. I’d return in a heart beat.

3  Thank DublinGirlie
PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Stella Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi DublinGirlie-

Thank you so much for coming to see us at Stella Theatre!

We've shared your lovely comments with the whole team who are equally as thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Stella Theatre & Cocktail Club soon.

Best,

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Went last night with my partner for a date night. We booked the couch and have mixed feelings about it. We could sit together which was great as the individual seats have a table and lamp in between each one which leaves it almost impossible to see/communicate.

We were in the auditorium and unfortunately the couch are the back row and closest to the entrance. This made the noise quite loud and disturbing when the film was starting as people arrived a little late.

We also ordered food half hour before the film started. We were told our food would be delivered 20 mins within the film starting. 40 mins into the film, no sign of our food. I eventually said it to one of the staff and 10 mins later, half of our order was delivered. I was informed our food had been served to another seat! I do have to say though, the hot dog was amazing! Rest of food was okay.

All in all, it was a nice evening but just the small things let us down. Shame when you consider the ticket price is more than double for a normal cinema ticket.

Hi Liam S-

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your visit to Stella!

Our couches are definitely the most popular spot for folks joining us on a date night - sorry for any disruption caused by late-comers. We try our very best to ensure guests are seated as quietly as possible once the movie is rolling.

Having discussed the delay in food being delivered with team from that week, we've learned that indeed your original order was delivered to the neighbouring seats inadvertently. Definitely a training opportunity for us to work on. Glad to hear that the hot dog was amazing!

Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to welcome you to Stella again - for another date night perhaps. We also have couches on the second row of the balcony which may provide that great balance between cosy seating and not being on the last row of the ground floor.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. The standard of refurbishment to this cinema is to be commended. Beautiful room, extremely comfortable chairs & couches and very helpful staff. Worth the extra money.

PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Stella Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi lizo1975-

Thanks for joining us at Stella Theatre and for posting your review! We're thrilled to read that you had such a great time with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I recently visited the The Stella Cocktail Bar and Theatre and I must say it was an excellent night out. We started with Cocktails followed by some snack food and both the cocktails and food were excellent and not to expensive considering the ambience. The Theatre itself is also super with little tables and beautiful arm chairs to sit in. Also sound and vision were good as well. The decor and overall athmosphere make this a special place for a visit. It beats the Stella Cinema I used to know in the early 60s and I would highly recommend a visit.

Hi JOC834-

We're delighted to see that you came back to see what we've done with the restored & renovated Stella! Looking forward to seeing you again. Many thanks for your review.

Best regards,