“Great sushi”

J2 Sushi & Bento Swords
Reserve with OpenTable
J2 Sushi & Bento Swords is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,218 of 2,911 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have only eaten in the restaurant once but have gotten numerous take away meals delivered to the door. The meals have all been very tasty. The only complaint i have is that sometimes the estimated delivery time given after ordering through their app can be way off. We once had to wait 45 min for a delivery that the app said would take 20 min but i understand that certain days and times of the week are busier than orders (Sat dinner time being one!). But it has always been worth the wait. There's not a lot of places in Swords that offer good Japanese food so I'm glad that J2 have been consistently great with their sushi. Thumbs up!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Nice place with really good food for a reasonable price. The service is really good. Totally recommended.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Ordered from takeaway menu for delivery. Very surprised at the few bits of sushi costing 29.99 and then 4euro delivery cost from swords to malahide. So order comes to 35euro. So was expecting really high quality service and food. Ordered at7pm. Checked at 7.45 on just eat app. Eta is 8.30! Wow an hour and a half. Ok so maybe its so amazing that its in high demand. Got call from vague and uninterested gentleman at about 8.20 telling me my food will be late- do i still want it!!! A very bored response to my 'yes please ..we are very hungry' . This is now an hour and a half later. We patiently wait...and wait...and ... 9pm comes. 2 HOURS later. No food. I phone them. "Ah yes..he has 4 deliveries to make and might be another 10 minutes" . We wait...and wait. Finally! A bored and unapolegetic driver arrives. We are very hungry. Just as well. The food was...ok. just ok. Didnt seem very fresh but then that effin sushi had probably been touring north dublin in a heated car for a couple of hours... I didnt even phone to vent my anger because Im guessing it wasnt the girl who answers the phones fault. But sweet hand of jesus I shall never order from them again. I should have got fish and chips and spent the rest of the wasted 35 on a nice bottle of wine. Bah

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Glad we found this place before being forced into some boring coffee shop in the shopping centre opposite. We were lucky that their January promotion is 20 percent off the bill. We had two huge udon soups with grilled chicken, a bento box and green tea for 27 euros. Bargain. The food is fresh and the waitres was great!

1  Thank Adele S
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

What can we say in a nutshell? Impeccable service, courteous staff, soft lulling music, simple yet cured decor, but the main stars are the plates themselves. Perfectly prepared and served. We recently switched from traditional Irish pub food to this Japanese restaurant and even after a full meal we do not feel bloated, yet we are more than satisfied. When you combine all this with the very reasonable prices you have a winning formula. See you again soon!