Review Highlights
Jewels of Ireland

This was a well organized managed trip made even better by our driver/tour guide, John Spellman... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
1977TR7
Vancouver, Canada
Irish Odyssey Tour

I recently went on the CIE Irish Odyssey Tour with my cousin and a group of her friends from the... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
JocelynC410
New Waterford, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from US$137.50
from US$46.20
from US$69.30
from US$75.10
More Info
All reviews tour director irish adventure irish gold day tour escorted tour celtic ross cabra castle the bus sheep herding birds of prey private driver orkney islands horse drawn jaunting car tight places stud farm skillful driver self drive
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I couldn't of had a more enjoyable trip. CIE Tours put together a great trip, from the sightseeing to the best tour guide anyone could of asked for. Liam Murray was the name of our tour guide, he was funny, informative and his 40 years of experience telling the history of the areas we went thru really made the tour interesting and worth it all. The steerologist (driver) Pat, was just that, amazing being able to make thr tightest turns I've ever seen. The narrow roads in Ireland and driving on the opposite side of the road is scary enough for someone from the states and Pat made it a breeze. Would recommend the trip of a lifetime with these two! One we will never forget, thx CIE tours.

2  Thank Candy T
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned from our " Irish Pub Tour" from March 17-24 with our outstanding tour guide Leslie.
My husband and I went with another couple and we truly had the trip of a lifetime!
CIE did an outstanding job of organizing the tour itself. The itinerary was perfect...many attractions to see( all covered in our cost) , plenty of free time to explore various cities, wonderful choice of hotels to stay in along our journey with excellent dining both for breakfast and dinner. Truly exceeded our expectations.
There is no doubt, on a coach tour such as this, the driver/ guide is extremely important and we could not have asked for a better guide than Leslie. He was personable, knowledgeable , safety first at all times, just charming. His stories created a true flavor of Ireland. Although our first day was on St. Patrick's Day..and city streets were closed, Leslie did the best job he could do showing us the city of Dublin.However the highlight of the day was spending St. Patrick's Day at the Guinness Storehouse. Amazing place!!!
The next day, our first day of our tour, it SNOWED. However, Leslie handled it like the pro he is and we had a wonderful day.
Ballsbridge was a good hotel to start out in, the Ormonde was very very nice, the Wyatt Hotel was adorable, the Armada on the coast glorious....but the highlight was The International Hotel...Utterly charming.......Killarney a favorite!
Pubs were perfectly chosen for their history and beverages! The group we were with were hugging eachother goodbye on the last day and exchanging Facebook names.
Well done CIE..would definitely boom again. I also let my travel agent know how pleased we were!

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Barbara4797
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Ireland with CIE tours left on March 15 to March 22. It was a private tour with 20 great friends. We had grandstand seats for St Patrick’s Day Parade. We had snow and cold and lots of Guinness ! Our driver and guide was Simon Smyth. He was just amazing . I have taken many trips to Europe and this is 2nd time to Ireland . Simon held us together through thick and thin. Snow when we left Dublin so no mountains and on to Waterford. The best part was seeing Simon’s face when we went to Shannon Airport. We knew snow was bad in New York but when they told us that we could not get a flight out to March 28 .. like I said Simon was in shock as we all were . United did their best got us out on March 24. That is the trials of traveling in Winter! Just makes us stronger when God throws us a curve ball! Home safe and sound and ready to plan a sept adventure

1  Thank CathybMichigan
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I just got back from and amazing tour of Ireland with CIE Tours called the Irish Adventure. I can’t begin to tell you all the wonderful and amazing places I was able to see. We had the most fantastic tour guide and driver named Murt O’Shea. He made the trip amazing! He was such a wealth of information and really went out of his way to make sure we got the most out of the trip. If anyone is thinking of Ireland they should definitely go through CIE Tours and try to get Murt O’Shea!

1  Thank BERTERNIEWaikiki
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Our tour began on a Wednesday out of Shannon. It was one of the few multi day tours out of Shannon. We arrived a day early and spent our 1st night at Bunratty, the hotel that is listed on the first day of the schedule. Our driver was Ger and we all thought he was great. As long as you don't mind being on someone else's schedule and you do not want to drive this is the way to go.
Shout out to Ger, thanks again