“Dublin’s no.1 restaurant ”
Review of Mr Fox Restaurant

Mr Fox Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 2,928 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Living in Dublin all my life and have had millions of meals in the city, but I can honestly say this has been by far the best, absolutely amazing food,thank you so much guys !!!!!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We spent Valentine's evening at Mr Fox Restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the food , wine and atmosphere.
The food and wine was excellent and very reasonably priced. The menu was varied and interesting.
The staff were courteous ,attentive and knowledgeable.
Would definitely recommend this restaurant and will visit again next time we are in Dublin.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Cannot recommend this place enough. Staff were attentive, friendly and really efficient. The food was fantastic. We were a group of six and we got to try quite a few items on the menu and I enjoyed every bit of it. Shared the chateaubriand for my main and it was absolutely melt in the mouth. Will definitely be back again.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

From start to end, the night was amazing. There were 6 of us for dinner on a Saturday evening. From the warm welcome by staff, the pleasant temperature in the restaurant, the eclectic art and decor...the mood started off great.

Wait staff were very attentive, always smiling and taking time to introduce the plates.

The food... Just phenomenal.
From the devilled eggs, the Lardo bread and olives...to the quail, the crab and smoked eel... to the Chateubriand (wow!)...to the caramel custard tart with granny smith sorbet and super split.

Not a negative to say...perfect evening.

Will be back again with more friends soon...could not recommend enough, it is amazing!!!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Service:
I booked via email - it was quick and easy. Staff got back to me quickly and when we discussed my allergies they were very helpful.
On arrival, you have to ring for entry and we were left waiting for a minute but once inside staff were really welcoming and friendly.
Our waitress was super friendly, quick and efficient. On the downside her English wasn't great so we couldn't ask too much about the menu or have a friendly chat as we settled in. The hostess were also very attentive and friendly, so overall Service is very very good.
Decor:
This is a clean and modern basement conversion with some classic elements but not a whole lot of personality overall.
Choice:
Overall a pretty good range. Wine list is quite extensive. There were only 2 draught beers, which was a tiny bit disappointing (most of the other beers were 33cl, which isn't great value or interest to me - I'd be ordering every 10 minutes!).
Food menu was pretty good but there were only 3 sides available.
Food:
The style is modern but with an earthy feel. We had the goats cheese and pig's head starters, which both looked beautiful but didn't deliver much on taste.
For main course we both had pork belly (which seems to be the number 1 recommended dish here). The pork was really tender and juicy with a very crispy top (I liekd the top but my partner found it a little too crunchy). Again, the flavours were earthy without being too rich. It wasn't very balanced overall though. Although the dish was served with blackberries, they weren't very tasty and failed to add sweetness or acidity to cut through the pork. The small beads of sauce were similar - present but without any real impact. Overall then, this was a tasty dish, but it lacked that magical spark that would earn it a 5 star rating. We ordered it with fries and green beans. The beans were served piping hot, which was great. The fries had been seasoned with something that added to the already establish earthy tones of the main course - we'd have like them without that seasoning or even better if mash potato had been an option.
Overall then, really nice service, very good but not overwhelming food. I can recommend Mr Fox, but wouldn't feel that I need to go there again.