“Very disappointing - needs to upgrade services”
Review of Clyde Court Hotel

Clyde Court Hotel
Ranked #71 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Sydney, Australia
“Very disappointing - needs to upgrade services”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night and was extremely disappointed by the facilities and services. No free wifi, no maps of Dublin (except a bad photocopy), and staff seem reluctant to provide help, incuding in the resto. Bad experience with a foreign employee (must be from South America). Room is pretty faded and in bad need of upgrade. Will definitely avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Greek first
Ireland
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here in 2008 and was shocked at how much the standard had fallen since the hotel changed hands in 05/06, however I recently stayed in the D4 Berkeley again and was pleasantly surprised with to see a substantial improvements in standards.
I book through a third party website and got a fantastic deal which included breakfast.
Upon checking in I was give my room key and directions by a friendly and efficient receptionist.
The room itself was a little dated but warm and clean with complimentary bottled water supplied along with the latest copy of business magazines and other reading material.
The hotel bar was quiet, however one should take into account that it was a Thursday night.
The breakfast the following morning was excellent and although there were a large number of guests in the dining room, we were seated very promptly.
Check out was a non-event and car parking was complimentary.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. The first night I didn't get much sleep as I felt the heating boiler was in the room with us. We turned the fan off but it kept going all night. We asked to be moved the next night which the staff had no problem in doing but in the 2nd room we got the heating was not working at all. We didn't complain again as we couldn't be bothered but we will not be back. Very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Sheiladob
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed here for one night on 15 December 2011. I booked the hotel through some online website and got one night b&b for €51. Having read some of the reviews I was expecting the hotel to be dated and for €51 wasn't too worried. When I checked in and went to my room I was more than surprised. The room was a suite and massive. It was toasty warm, well decorated and very cosy. It was in fact superb. If anyone reading this review gets the same room (303 I think) you will be equally impressed. I do however realise I just hit lucky. the breakfast next morning was very good. A buffet style in very nice surroundings (type of conservatory) Overall I was very pleased with the hotel. I would return without hesitation. I doubt however I would get the same room again. I've posted some photos I took of the room which I hope will be useful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo